Question regarding QMI and MBIM

Hi,

I am trying to understand some technologies / terminologies in wireless area. Any help would be appreciated.
For the WWAN module, like EM7455, can AT, QMI and MBIM interfaces running at the same time? I checked my module with AT command AT!USBCOMP?.
It returned 1,1,100D. I think it means diag, nmea, modem and mbim. Does it mean the QMI interface is not open? If so, does it mean QMI command won’t work?
Our vendor tied to use QMI command “QMI_WDS_GET_PKT_SRVC_STATUS (0x22)” to retrieve cellular failure information. However, they could not get those information.

Thanks,

Lin

I think you need to enable the RMNET in USBCOMP command

Hi jyijyi,

Thanks for your reply.
After I enable RMNET, how can I run the QMI command ?
Is there any CLI or tool I can leverage to run the command in Windows?

Thanks,

Lin

QMICLI is in linux:

For windows, have you tried this?

I am looking for tool in Windows.
Yes, I tried Skylight. It’s basically a connection manager. It is used for connecting to WWAN. But I didn’t figure out how to run QMI command in it.
As I mentioned in another post, we had mobile devices with EM7455 and EM7511. EM7511 can report cellular failure but EM7455 can’t. I asked our software vendor and was told they using QMI command to retrieve those information. I want to figure out a way to run the QMI command manually, so I can compare the output and see why no cellular failure information was generated on EM7455.
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Lin

For Windows, try this… Ubuntu
It will fix your Windows problems :wink: