I work in the IT-Departement of my company WVV GmbH. We have several Sierra Wireless Airlink GL6110 in use. Now we have updated our Laptops to Windows 7 and have some issues.
Of course I used the latest Drivers from this website.
Although the Drivers are installed, they are not recognized by the PC
When I want to start the USB Driver Configuration the following message appears:
Does anyone know how to fix These Problems and how to get the Airlink run under Windows7?
Thanks a lot!
Andre Fleck, WVV GmbH
I hope it’s USBDriverInstaller_SL6_V22.214.171.124.
I am not able to see the attachments… It seems some issue in attaching the images in forum.
I have tested the with USBDriverInstaller_SL6_V126.96.36.199 at my end and I am able to communicate with the module.
Anyways as a work around can you try the following steps:
- Remove/uninstall all the previous versions of drivers.
- Install the USBDriverInstaller_SL6_V188.8.131.52.exe file
- Restart the machine after installation
- Go to installation folder of the USB driver (for eg. C:\Program Files\Sierra Wireless\USBDriverInstaller)
- Install dpinst.exe file then connect your module
If it’s not working can you explain what error message you are getting?
The problem has been noted for some time: https://forum.sierrawireless.com/t/uploads-not-working/7673/1
It looks like someone is working on it: https://forum.sierrawireless.com/t/image-update/7704/1
But it’s not fixed yet…