Prevent (disable) MP70 from establishing cell connection

For “Airlink MP70”:
Is it possible to disable the cellular connection (other than by removing sim card), like you can with Wi-Fi, so the Airlink does NOT try to connect to the cell network? There are times when you don’t want a cell signal to be sent.

Thanks.

Hi @razer7,
Removing Sim is a good choice for this case. You also disable Always on connection as the screenshot for double limitation

Disabled-Connect on traffic—The AirLink gateway only establishes a mobile network data connection when there is network traffic
Please share any concerns you have and help us tick Solution if it is helpful to you guy
Thanks

“Always on connection”
“Disabled-Connect on traffic”
The manual states this setting is for International devices using Vodafone. Work with any carrier?

“…establishes a mobile network data connection when there is network traffic”
So traffic through the ethernet WAN (port 4) counts as network traffic?

I want to DISABLE the cellular transmitter under ANY circumstance unless I specifically enable it. Like ‘Airplane Mode’ on smartphones, where you can completely shut it down.

Does removing the sim card guarantee no cellular signal is being emitted? A setting option is preferred though as you don’t want to repeatedly insert and remove the sim.

There are a number of situations where disabling the cell signal would be desired.

•Lab setting where it could cause interference
•On an airplane
•Hospitals
•Near someone with a pacemaker or electronic medical device
•Limit power use when on battery
•To have greater control

Thanks

Hi @razer7,
Currently, Airlink doesn’t support disabling cellular like airplane mode. If you want to do it you can refer to set SIM PIN. Be careful when entering the PIN, You have a limited number of attempts to enter the correct (generally 2) before the SIM card is locked. Then you need to enter PUK PIN to unlock. The PUK also have a limited number of attempts (generally 10). So this solution is quite complex so we doesn’t highly recommend customer to do it. The SIM PIN is describe in document (page #92)
Let me know if you need more help. Help us tick Solution if this information is useful to you guy
Thanks

1 Like