PDF Documentation needs to be in an obvious location

is not an obvious - nor even easy to find - location!! :unamused: :angry:

See: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3479&p=14613#p14614

Hello,

It seems that this PDF is reachable from the new project Wizard by clicking on the '"?" picto related to the associated OS or the firmware.

Sam

Maybe - but it needs to be accessible at any time and without needing the IDE open!

they used to create start menu items

Hi all.
Please note that in the incoming next release, packages documentation will be accessible from the M2M Studio Help window. This will be more simple than having to re-launch the wizard or a project’s property page to get documentation access.

I totally disagree!

The PDF documentation needs to be easily and directly accessible without having to open M2MStudio!

(yes, it should also be available through M2MStudio, but this must not be the only way!)

In particular, the AT Commands manual needs to be separately available for people who are just using the modem functionality and not creating Open-AT Applications.

Documentation will still be accessible from the file system by browsing the packages directories. These directories layout will also change in next release to something more usable by the poor humans that we are :wink:
(Actually packages will be installed in a sub-directory of the M2M Studio install location)

Excellent! :smiley:

Any chance that the AT Commands document can be made separately available from the website, as noted above?
(or is that beyond your remit?)

Similarly, I really think that the documents should be available as separate downloads - you shouldn’t have to download and install the entire SDK and IDE just to get the documents!
(again, that might be beyond your remit?)

And, has anyone reviewed the list of documentation errors, omissions and inadequacies reported in the forums - particularly here: viewforum.php?f=23 :question:

I’ve forwarded your need to the concerned people.

On this, please be sure that everywhere on the forum the feedbacks are read and processed internally. Unfortunately I cannot give you visibility on when and in which version the fixes will be made.

I know it’s outside your remit but, unfortunately, the evidence suggests otherwise; eg, viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1422#p14854
:angry:

Another example here: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1682&p=6103&hilit=flash+string#p15254

Note that this issue was first posted over 2 years ago - and still nothing has been done about it!

I note that the AT Commands document is now available as a separate download - Excellent! :smiley:

Thanks! :smiley: