Document distribution

We need to distribute some of documentation, in particular, the ‘WIP AT Commands User Guide v3.11’, and the ‘AT Commands Interface Guide for Open AT Firmware v6.57e’. Since all the documentation is available from the wavecom site, is there any restrictions in doing so?

Does anyone have any information about this?

MK

Yes, it would seem illogical and pointless to restrict it - so why do all the documents say stuff like “Not to be distributed or divulged without prior written agreement”?! :roll:

Especially for the Fastrack Supreme IESM - which is supposed to be an “Open” i [/i]standard!! :unamused: :angry:

See: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1602&p=5790&hilit=open#p5790

Similarly for the dire warnings about the Fastrack ‘BOOT’ pin - despite the fact that DWLWin is now readily available for free download! :unamused:

Not exactly joined-up thinking, eh? :unamused:

I guess we will just have to instruct people to the wavecom dev site.

Perhaps that is the intent?

MK

Not a very satisfactory one - as it requires them to sign-up as a “developer”. :frowning:

And the stuff is not (always) readily accessible - see: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2160 :angry:

To the point of witholding information so that their products become unusable? How stupid!

For a product to be usable it must be properly documented, and that documentation must be properly accessible - it’s no use guarding your IP if that leaves your products unusable!

It’s sales of products that generate revenue - not security of IP!

See also: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2101&p=7796&hilit=complete+nonsense#p7796