Please find attached a patch to fix some bad behaviors encountered with DS 2.2.1 and 7.51 or 7.47 Firmware versions.
You should install the patch only if you are annoyed with the following bugs:
- Communication freeze bug on Firmware 7.51, when trying to setup a debug session, a download, or even simply refreshing target status view (cf https://forum.sierrawireless.com/t/open-at-framework-2-51-serial-port-problems/5674/1)
- Sporadic “Bad start address” warning on download or in target status view, when using Firmware 7.47 (cf https://forum.sierrawireless.com/t/running-firmware-requires-0x180-warning/5704/1)
To install the patch:
- Go to Help > Install New Software
- Drag’n drop the zip file in the dialog
- Uncheck the Group items by category box
- Select the Patch for Target Manager item
- Click Finish and follow the steps
From there, the bugs mentioned above should be fixed.
Important note for future update
When future updates will be available for Developer Studio, please note that the patch may prevent you to handle the update correctly. It is strongly recommended to manually uninstall the patch before performing any future Developer Studio software update.