OpenAT V3.12 and V4, remote mode and eclipse

Hi everyone,

I am in need of some help.

I have been in touch with my supplier and he has given me a copy of OpenAT 3.12. What is the difference between this and V4 etc?

I am trying to use eclipse to develop and compile code to debug it in remote mode (on the pc). I have been using openat (V3.10) for a few months and know my way around the api (except the new WIP) but using target and remote mode is confusing me :s - target is for downlaod onto the module while i think remote mode is to run on the pc without a module. I havent been able to get remote mode to work either with v3.10 or 3.12. Can anyone help me with this?

Mark :frowning:

Hi !!!

from above

target is for downlaod onto the module while i think remote mode is to run on the pc without a module.

In Remote mode, we have to connect the module to the PC.
It is used for debugging and editing the program. That is, without downloading we can run the program in remote mode.

It is not that in remote mode, it runs without a module

With Regards,
SUNIL RAO.M

Correct.

Incorrect.

As SunilRao says, you do still require a module for “Remote” mode!

In Remote mode, your application runs remotely from the module (on the PC), but the GSM Stack and Wavecom core software still run in the module - and they communicate over the RS232 link.

See the section on the “Remote Task Environment” in the Open-AT Tools Manual.
In the v3.03 edition, there’s a diagram on p41 titled “The Development Toolkit Environment” that shows how the Serial Link Manager routes all these communications…

Initially, to someone familiar with embedded development, this can seem confusing (I thought so) - and it is unfortunate that the introductory Wavecom documents do not describe it well. :angry: