Octave long-term-support

Hi,
We are looking are the Octave solution for a customer. They need their product to work for at least 5 years. Is there any information available about Octave’s end-of-life date or long-term availability?

Thanks for your help,

Alexy

Hello Alexy,

I would not recommend Octave to your customer. Octave is being shut down March 31, 2025 with no plans of continued support. You are fortunate you have not started using Octave yet. We are still looking for a replacement solution.

Hello Wilson,

Thanks for your answer. Indeed it must not be easy to find a replacement.

Regards,

Alex

1 Like

I don’t understand if Sierra Wireless will offer any kind of replacement for Octave?
I currently have two dozen FX30S gateways in operation and several dozen more are in the warehouse waiting to be installed. Will it be possible to continue using the FX30S gateways?
Can anyone suggest a way out of this situation?

Hi,
My understanding is that there is a Sierra Wireless’ partner preparing a replacement for Octave (firmware with OTA upgrade and online service) but it is not ready yet. Maybe someone from Sierra Wireless could confirm ?

Hi all!
Will anyone from Sierra Wireless respond here?
Will I be able to use my FX30S gateways with Octave after March 31, 2025, or can they be thrown in the trash?
If they can be used in some way, for example, re-flashed for Legato, then I can prepare for this moment, but if not, then I need to look for a replacement.
Please clarify this point.

All Octave services will be discontinued on March 31st 2025 at which point access to the Octave APIs and UI will no longer be available.
As of that date, devices will be unable to connect to Octave and existing connections will be shut down.

You can try to reflash legato application to it to connect to other server.

Do you have a link to instructions on how to reflash the FX30S gateway from Octave to Legato?

No, i don’t have
Have you contacted distributor on this?

Can you connect USB cable?
Can you download FW to your device?

Hello,

Here’s how to do it Upgrade a Device Locally with the Latest Firmware

FX30 Legato FW can be found here https://source.sierrawireless.com

We can direct you to partners if you need your solution to be adapted based on Legato.

Thanks for answers!
I haven’t contacted the distributor yet.
I can only connect via USB to those devices that are not yet installed on the sites. It’s the same with firmware.
I’ll try to reflash my test device using the links you provided.
Thank you again!