Not registering on GSM?

I know there has to be something I have overlooked… I have a brand new Q2687 module and I put it onto the dev board, but for some reason it won’t register and +csq returns 99,99. I put a Q2686 (I have had it for a while) on the board, and it registers fine with a +csq of 30. I use the same sim card for both.

Anyone have any ideas? The IMEI is set, but is there something else that I need to do to “activate” the module?

Thanks,
Scott

0 Likes

I am receiving an +WSTR: 2,0. The network is there, it’s just not attaching. I have tried a few more “new” modems and they are reacting the same way.

I am using Open AT v4.20

I am at a loss!

Thanks,
Scott

0 Likes

So the good thing is I now know I didn’t receive a bad batch of modems!

Other’s are also having issues with this.

Thanks,
Scott

0 Likes

My FAE solved this problem.

-Scott

0 Likes

I had the exact same problem. The band was set to north american while had to use the european E900/1800 MHz band. However, i still can’t get Q2687 modules to register on the GSM network. I can see the signal strength with +CSQ, but the module always fail to register on the net.

I have tried with three new Q2687 modules with no success. If i use a Q2686 instead, everything works fine.

When the module connects, you can usually hear that funny gsm sound, indused by the current usage. The sound you can hear in near by speakers etc. when you are about to receive an SMS or turn on your phone. I can also hear this sound with the Q2686 module, but not with the Q2687 modules. Instead they give of a little click sound. I don’t know if this has any significance or if i just sound stupid :laughing:

0 Likes

I had the exact same problem. The band was set to north american while had to use the european E900/1800 MHz band. However, i still can’t get Q2687 modules to >register on the GSM network. I can see the signal strength with +CSQ, but the module always fail to register on the net.

I have tried with three new Q2687 modules with no success. If i use a Q2686 instead, everything works fine.

When the module connects, you can usually hear that funny gsm sound, indused by the current usage. The sound you can hear in near by speakers etc. when you are >about to receive an SMS or turn on your phone. I can also hear this sound with the Q2686 module, but not with the Q2687 modules. Instead they give of a little click >sound. I don’t know if this has any significance or if i just sound stupid :laughing:

Hello there, i had same kind of problem and the cause was default IMEI code inside Q2687. Just check the
IMEI and try to find real IMEI for your purposes.

br. Juha Perälä / Ixonos Plc.

0 Likes