No Respone to AT+WIPCREATE

Hi,

I am having an issue where the WIPCREATE command does not respond when I attempt an FTP connection. When querying using the WIPCREATE? command, it shows that connection that I have just requested, but I cannot do any WIPOPT or WIPFILE commands. See below for sequence of commands (note that even after waiting for over 2 minutes no response comes):

at+cfun=1

at
OK

AT+WIPCFG=1
OK

AT+WIPBR=1,6
OK

AT+WIPCFG=2,0,60
OK

AT+WIPBR=2,6,11,“APNname”
OK

AT+WIPBR=2,6,0,“APNusername”
OK

AT+WIPBR=2,6,1,“APNpassword”
OK

AT+WIPBR=4,6,0
OK

AT+WIPCREATE=4,1,“IP”,00021,“LOGIN”,“PASSWORD”

at+wipcreate?
+WIPREADY: 4,1,“IP”,“LOGIN”,“PASSWORD”

OK
AT+WIPOPT=4,1,2,40,1
+CME ERROR: 850

at+wipopt=4,1,2,40,1

+CME ERROR: 840

at+wipclose=4,1
OK
+WIPPEERCLOSE: 4,1

at+wipcreate?
OK

at
OK

at+wipcreate?
+WIPREADY: 4,1,“IP”,“LOGIN”,“PASSWORD”
OK

AT+WIPOPT=4,1,2,40,1

Has anyone else ran into this before? It seems that it is happening on some of our modems, but not others.

The modem we are using is an AirPrime SL6087.

I have found out that changing the SIM card makes the FTP connection work.

I realise this means that this topic may be heading slightly away from the scope of Sierra Wireless forum, but if anyone else has any knowledge of why the one SIM card would present this issue, whilst the other does not, please let me know!

The ‘broken’ SIM is still provisioned, is not capped in its data and can hold a UDP connection just fine. It just has the above issue when trying an FTP download.

Have you looked-up +CME ERROR: 850 :question:

And +CME ERROR: 840 :question:

I have indeed. 850 is ‘Unknown Reason’ which really does not help! And 840 indicates that a socket is already currently active - which is kind of expected (except that the current socket is not working).

:open_mouth:

Hmm… probably time to get your Distributor or FAE involved, then…

Hiya,

Do other sim cards from the same Telco work? Are they all on the same plan?

It sounds like your connection may be being proxied by your Telco or ISP.

Ciao, Dave

Hi,

It does work on a different SIM that has the same provider on the same plan and is provisioned exactly the same.

I have seemed to fixed it by waiting a while (between 1 and 2 minutes) before sending the WIPCREATE command. After following that procedure once, the modem is now working fine again (I can connect without having to wait or anything).

This was a very odd phenomenon. And it is quite a worry because we have a couple of units (very low percentage) that appear to be in this state - they are replying to SMS, connecting to our servers fine via UDP, but just are unable to connect to our FTP server.

Anyway, I appreciate everyone’s input and suggestions. I hope this thread helps anyone who may run into the same issue.

Could have been a temporary fault/issue somewhere in the network, then?

Sometimes AT+CEER can give some extra info…

It appears it may have been.

Thanks for the tip, I will try it out if I run into the issue again; and will post here if I find anything interesting.

Thanks for your time.