MC7455 RX diversity as primary

Hi,
I am trying to test the RX diversity path as the primary path. I saw that we can use AT!RXDEN=0/1/2 . But when i use this command, it just gives error. When query with the comman, i.e. AT!RXDEN? i can see that the 01 diversity path is being selected. I can also see all these options when i use query command as
[i]"AT!RXDEN=?
!RXDEN: <WCDMA/LTE/TDSCDMA flag>
0 - Disable Rx diversity
1 - Enable Rx diversity
2 - Rx diversity as primary path (Not applicable for TDSCDMA, both paths are enabled)

OK

AT!RXDEN=2
ERROR"[/i]
Is there something I am missing?

Regards,
Kiran

Kiran,

Are you sending at!entercnd=“A710” before the command?

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks a lot. So these commands are password protected. :slight_smile:

One more question, we are actually using MC7455 and MC7430. Is the password same for both the products?
Regards,
Kiran

Kiran,

Yes it is, it has been the same across all of the products for years (its not exactly a secret).

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

One more thing i wanted to clarify, so do we need to restart the modem every time we change the diversity to main path and vice versa?

Regards,
Kiran

Kiran,

Yes you will need to do this, the unit will not be able to dynamically switch between them.

Regards

Matt

Hi guys,

Pretty old topic but nevertheless.
Is it correct to assume that after switching Diversity as main RX path, the primary antenna becomes TX-only ?

Best regards,

Hello,
Besides using the AT command !RXDEN=, is there any setting in MC7455/EM7455 modem that will change diversity? We have several servers using this modem and we are seeing all three outputs (0, 1, 2) across these servers. To my knowledge we do not have any logic on our servers that is changing this setting.
Thank you!
Evan

More specifically, is there anything in MC7455/EM7455 modem that will change diversity from what we set it with the !RXDEN command?