MC7455 - RCC State goes to Idle after a time with Sprint

As far as I can tell, it’s a combination of something on Sprint’s end, as well as something to do with the way the MC7455 handles it. After talking with Sprint, they sent someone out to look at the tower, and now I can stay connected for 10-18 hours at a time.

Thanks for the response, after the 10-18hrs, does connection monitor recover or does ping still work for you? I’ve noticed with the help of others that this only happens on certain 173.x subnets

I think I have had it happen with the other subnets as well, but yeah, the connection monitor recovers the connection once it can’t ping successfully anymore. If you are using ROOter, then this modification to the reconnect script helps a lot with the MC7455:

https://ltehacks.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=121

Thanks, I’ve done that, but my connection still let’s me ping in this state. So the monitor doesn’t work. I may try a em7565 if I can’t figure something else out.

I’ve seen a few others with that issue, that the ping still works. I am kinda glad that doesn’t happen on my end, but it makes me wonder what the issue is then. I wonder if restarting the interface could help in that instance.

It does, but I don’t know how to automatically trigger that…

Uptime: 12d 16h 56m 40s
MAC:
RX: 329.65 GB (247421371 Pkts.)
TX: 48.25 GB (113756259 Pkts.)
IPv4: 173.127.xxx.xxx

This is on sprint using modemmanager with the 173 ip.