MC7354 Not Working

Hi guys we a MC7354 that we are trying to hookup through USB to either a laptop or computer. We have a Wireless USB Mini Card Adapter ( ebay.ca/itm/USBMA-Module-V1- … 4ae882be81 ) using Windows7. The computer sees the modem if I go to the device manager but that’s about it. When I open the app. to connect the modem I get “No Device Found”.

What could be the issue? The LED light lights up on the USB board but I don’t think the computer sees the modem at all.

Thanks

What is the PC showing? Do you have a screen shot of the properties of the unit? Particularly showing the ports that are enumerating. When you are talking about the app are you referring to the skylight application?

Regards

Matt

Here’s a screenshot. let me know if you need other details. Thanks

Hi,

The key one is the ports bit which is not opened, is it skylight you are referring to? If so what version are you running?

Regards

Matt

I don’t have skylight. What does it do and where can I get it?

Its odd that there is no AT commands port being enumerated. I would suggest re installing the latest driver

http://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/software/usb-drivers-build-4277

You can get skylight from the below link on the source.

http://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/development_kits/skylight-connection-manager-build-4260

Regards

Matt

Here’s what I get when I try to reinstall the driver

Error opening file for writing
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sierra Wireless Inc.\Utils\SwiService.exe

Ok suggest you fully uninstall the drivers and then download the latest and install them cleanly. Windows should manage to do that.

Regards

Matt

It works!!! I uninstalled the driver, re-install the latest one. Skylight opened by itself and all I had to do is hit CONNECT.

Now are the new driver and new settings go to the computer only or it goes on the Sierra modem as well? Reason I ask is because that Sierra modem goes into a bonding modem but I needed to make it work on a regular PC at first.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Glad you are off the ground.

Not too sure what you are asking. I’ll answer the easy questions first, pretty much all of the settings that you see in skylight remain in that application, the only thing that might get transferred across is the APN.

To the system you need to work on, is this an embedded PC running windows? What do you need it to do exactly? Power up and connect to the network automatically?

Regards

Matt

Basically I’d like to know if any of the settings I did would stay on the modem itself.

The Sierra modem has to work on a Linux machine but I thought it would be easier to make it work at first on Windows. But I gues it doesn’t keep any settings. I tried it with Linux and same thing as before the computer doesn’t see it.

Ok getting it working on Linux and getting it running on Windows are very different at least you have proven the unit works.

Step 1 on Linux is to make and install the drivers which are at the link below, there is a readme telling you how to do it.

http://source.sierrawireless.com/~/media/support_downloads/airprime/software/sierralinuxqmidriverss2.24n2.33.tar.ashx

After that it is a case of running the SDK as a process within Linux which again is at the link below and has a breif readme.

http://source.sierrawireless.com/~/media/support_downloads/airprime/software/slqs03.03.10.bin.tar.ashx

Regards

Matt

Great thanks. For some reasons I get a “Access Denied” error on both pages

“Permission to the requested document
was denied”

Also does the modem have any memory at all for settings? I know you mentioned the APN would be saved on the modem and I guess for the firmware but would using different Linux machines mean that I would have to do the settings on each machines or the modem would be able to remember the Linux settings?

Were you logged into the source on another tab? If not I suspect that was the issue with the links, they should work.

Re holding parameters, yes the unit can hold them in NV. If you enter them with the cgdcont command you shouldn’t have to re enter them each time.

Regards

Matt

No I’m not logged in into the Source anywhere else. I even tried copy link and paste it in this window and I still get the same error. What should I look for on the Source search?

From the top level page just go

Devices - Airprime - MC series - MC7354 - Find more resources

On this page under ‘Firmware and driver’ you will find ‘USB drivers Linux QMI software’ and under Development tools you will find ‘Linux QMI SDK software’

Regards

Matt

Awesome thanks!!!