MC7305 Windows 10 GPS Monitor problem

Hi,

I have an problem with a Panasonic tablet FZ-G1.
The GPS monitor is not working. I start the GPS monitor app and then the app redirects me to Windows 10 location settings…

Have you checked to see which GPS module your FZ-G1 has equipped with? If it’s not from Sierra Wireless then it won’t work with GPS Monitor. And if the GPS was from Sierra but you don’t see Sierra Wireless Location Sensor listed in Device Manager under Sensors, then you need to update your driver to install location sensor as latest GPS Monitor started to utilize location sensor for Windows 10.

Hi Tomato,

Thanks for your reply!
There’s a Sierra module in there, and Location sensor’s in device manager… The tablet has been upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have installed the GPS rollover from Panasonic, but the GPS is not working.

I get the following error: Session has started. Waiting for fix.

Maybe you can provide a bit more details to help understand the situation:

• Which version of GPS Monitor are you using? And Skylight version?
  • Did GPS ever work for you before on Windows 7? When did GPS stop working?
  • Has GPS worked on Windows 10 with GPS Monitor before you apply the RollOver?
  • Which version of Mobile Broadband Driver Package were you using?
  • What if you open a NMEA port and can you get the NMEA message and a location fix?
  • Which Windows 10 build are you using?

Hi Tomato,

Thanks for your reply!

• Which version of GPS Monitor are you using? And Skylight version?

GPS Monitor version R12.0.1509.1
Skylight version: R13.0.1509.1

• Did GPS ever work for you before on Windows 7? When did GPS stop working?
GPS skylight en GPS monitor works on Windows 7, but after a upgrade to Windows 10 the GPS monitor don’t work.
GPS skylight works on the Win 7 and Win 10

• Has GPS worked on Windows 10 with GPS Monitor before you apply the RollOver?
No
• Which version of Mobile Broadband Driver Package were you using?
V6.18.4368.0002

• What if you open a NMEA port and can you get the NMEA message and a location fix?
I don’t know exactly how you can do this. I do know that the GPS works (With another GPS app)

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
Version 1909

Hi Tomato,

Do you maybe have a answer for me?

Many thanks!

Build 4368 is too old. And the current Skylight version on Windows Store was Build 4951 (1907).

Please go to Panasonic website to download the latest build for EM/MC73xx with Windows 10 support.

Hi Tomato,

Many thanks for your feedback.

Only the driver package with version V6.18.4368.0002 comes from Panasonic…
Which drivers do I need then?

Have a nice day!

Hi Tomato,

The GPS is working with the apps out the Microsoft store.
Only when I open the GPS monitor and press the play button, I get “Access denied”.

Glad to hear your GPS is working, meaning you’ve got the location fix of longitude and latitude from GPS Monitor? You should not start GPS tracking again when there is already a location fix.

As for the driver, you may have to stick with Build 4368 as Panasonic validates the driver package and decides the best fit for its customers.

Hi Tomato,

No, i get the Longtitude and latitude from de Sierra app, not from the GPS monitor…
The GPS monitor shows a error: Access denied.
See below for a picture from the error.

https://caremahardware.sharepoint.com/Gedeelde%20%20documenten/Video/IMG_0317.jpeg

Have a nice day!

I can’t seem to access the picture you posted on sharepoint. A bit confused though as GPS Monitor I referred to is part of Sierra Wireless Skylight. Which Sierra App did you get the Longitude and Latitude?

Hi Tomato,

Please see the image:

https://caremahardware.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/Ecok8iLRIfRFqQsNQYupMngBiAPD1H1ZWgcXBgzE-1KR5w

I downloaded the app Sierra Wireless from the Microsoft Store.
The GPS will work in the app. Only the GPS doesn’t work in de GPS monitor (see picture)…

Thanks!
I

Hi Antonie,

You can see from the screenshot that the location info you got in Sierra Wireless App was from WiFi as the Position Source indicated. The Sierra Wireless App is developed per Microsoft UWP requirement that may not work with legacy products.

As for access denied from GPS Monitor, please double check Device Manager to see if Sierra Wireless Location Sensor driver was installed correctly under Sensors.

Hi Tomato,

Indeed… Very strange. The sensor is installed (See pictures below).

https://caremahardware.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/Ec27C_MX5tRCnbyD4VS7NEMB2FssBt8csn-dMC60sOUa_A
https://caremahardware.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/EdaPnEjdF1dNhYQ8KbWDOWABrS-0aq6nUKTqh4FRMcLMXA

But I can’t get a GPS connection…

Hi Antonie,

You can try download a GPS application such as VisualGPSView to see if you can get a location fix from MC7305 NMEA port.
https://www.visualgps.net/#visualgpsview-content

Hi Tomato,

MAny thanks! I have send the tablet to Panasonic for a fast check.
I want to thank you for your help!
Have a nice day!

I have a Panasonic FZ-G1 (a windows 10 tablet) with the MC7305 installed in it. Within Skylight I get a position fix and it seems to be working, but I can’t find other software to work with it. Does anyone has some suggestions. I’m looking for software to place my location on a map, which I can have locally on my windows tablet