Lots of missing topics!

If I search for “scope power”, I get the following result:

The four links are:

But only the first works; the other 3 all go to a redirect, and then a page saying, “The requested topic does not exist”.

Very many of the links in the FAQ/Wiki thread are affected by this: FAQ forum/wiki? - thus greatly reducing its usefulness, and the usefulness of the rest of the forum!

:angry:

eg, see: Lots of missing topics!

More examples: https://forum.sierrawireless.com/t/daft-question-about-multiplexing-of-debug-and-serial-data/4741/2

Hi
The work to resolve this issue is already in progress.It will be resolved soon.

Excellent!

:smiley:

Any update on this?

eg, the “cake” search mentioned in this post is still broken:

This seems to be getting worse - the entire FAQ/Wiki thread now seems to have disappeared!

:angry:

I take that back - it’s here: FAQ forum/wiki?

Still loads of broken links: https://forum.sierrawireless.com/t/rtk-codes-documentation/4778/3

It’s a new year, but the old problem persists: https://forum.sierrawireless.com/t/new-features-complete-api/3305/15

Did the “up gradation process” planned for 31st jan 2011 take place: ttps://forum.sierrawireless.com/viewtop … =56&t=5361 :question:

It doesn’t seem to have fixed anything. :frowning:

We have upgraded phpBB to the latest version (3.0.8 ) and migrated it to new servers. Now that it is in a more stable environment we’ve continued our investigation. I’ve found all of the missing posts and topics in the database, so no data has been lost. It appears that the reason the topics/posts cannot be displayed is because the associated forum id ‘15’ is missing in the database. You can still find them in a search because the search function only searches the posts and topics tables and does not require the forums table.

I’m working on a solution which, if it works, will place all missing topics in a locked archive forum for read-only access. Unfortunately we have no way of knowing the details of this missing forum so we can’t recreate it completely.

Clinton

Not long after the SiWi takeover, there was a lot of “restructuring” of the forum - a load of new sections were added and, not very long after, a lot were removed. And many were renamed

eg, there was briefly a “Known Bugs” section.

Is it possible that, with all this adding & removing of sections (“forums”?), these posts managed to get “disconnected”…?

The fix has been implemented.

This is a possibility but we have no way of finding out for sure.

Clinton

Execllent - I presume this is it: viewforum.php?f=15 :question:

There are still missing topics; eg,

1. The Link in this post just goes to the HTTP 404 page:
    Where is the 'Tools Manual' for M2M Studio? - #9 by daav

2. The Link in this post just goes to the HTTP 404 page:
    Where is the 'Tools Manual' for M2M Studio? - #9 by daav

They are both links to the old forum, wavecom.com/modules/movie/scenes/forums/

This was a separate issue which we have now dealt with. We implemented a URL Rewrite for the old domain which will send the request to the new forum URL and preserve the URI so that you aren’t just sent to the index page.

Clinton

Yes - they are now working again.

Thanks.