How to configure and test FX30?

Hi,
i am new for FX30 device i am unable to connect to mt laptop and i installed legato apps in my device and trying to get login using ssh root@192.168.2.2. but the request has been timed out. i am unable to communicate.so please suggest anyone how to configure and test it. i connected the FX30 device using RJ45 connector.

Thanking you.

Hi,

I just want to confirm the following.

• You are running this against a Linux host machine?
  • You are connected to the device through the USB port and not the Ethernet?
  • When you plug the unit into your host Lonux machine you see the usb1 Ethernet interface with IP address 192.168.2.3 assigned to it (ifconfig)?

Regards

Matt

Hi,

here i am giving the details which i am following

i am running this in windows host machine. and i tried in linux with 192.168.2.3 address and g/w is 0.0.0.0. but no result for this also

i connected this device through ethernet there is no serial option to connect in FX30 only one ethernet port is there.

i am using virtual linux in windows and i connected device and given ifconfig

connection i given like

FX30 Ethernet port

<-----> Ethernet cable <-------> laptop(windows host) Ethernet port.

Thanks and Regards

Manoj

Hi,

If you connect to the Ethernet port it is nt going to work.

To get it to work nativley on Windows (and not through a Linux emulation) you should just need to install the WP drivers (link below), plug the USB in and let the unit enumerate. Assuming the IP settings on your Windows laptop are co operative then you should be able to use something like teraterm to perform an SSH session with the FX30.

https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/legato/drivers-for-wp-series-modules---build-4581/

Regards

Matt

Hi Manoj,
Let’s get your FX30 working on Windows first, then linux since your running virtual linux.

For the Ethernet port, the ip address is hard coded as 192.168.13.31 and there is no dhcp server. On your Windows side, configure your network adapter with a static ip, something like 192.168.13.32.

For usb, You’ll need to install the drivers from the Source. Once you’ve done this, in the device manager if connect the USB cable you should see a Sierra Wireless ECM device. If you do, wait until your network adapter gets an ip address; for USB there is indeed a dhcp server so you host machine should get an ip such as 192.168.2.3. Then you can ssh to the FX30 at 192.168.2.2.

BR,
Chris

Hi,

Thanks for your support.Now i can able to login to board. and from developer studio i had taken one sample “hello world” program now i need to compile and transfer this sample code to board.i think for that we need to install tool chain right?
can i get procedure of compilation. and how can i send exicutable file to fx30 modem.

Thanks

Manoj

Hi Manoj,
Please refer to this app note to use Dev Studio:
https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/application_notes_and_code_samples/using-developer-studio---startup-guide---application-note/

There’s also a video you can tutorial:
https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/training-and-tutorials/airprime---embedded-debugging-in-developer-studio---video-tutorial/

BR,
Chris