HL7812 + HL78 Dev Kit Low Power Modes

Hi all,

I am using the HL7812 IoT module in the HL78xx Development Kit but I am unable to force it into a low power mode using the +KSLEEP command. I have tried setting the module up in both the PSM Use Case and the eDRX Use Case outlined in the HL7800 Low Power Mode Application Note but I am not seeing the current consumption drop at all to indicate sleep. Are there other conditions that are required to enter sleep or hibernate?

I am measuring the global current consumed by the module (baseband + rf) as per the HL78xx Development Kit User Guide i.e. measuring the current through header CN804.

Thanks in advance.

Hi connor,

Did your HL7812 register to CatM1 or NB1 network?

Could you provide the AT commands you used in detail?

Thanks,

Hi jerdung,

Registering to CatM1 network.

After turn on I send:

AT+KSLEEP=1,1,0
AT+CPSMS=1,“00100001”,“00001111” // TAU = 1hr, active = 30 seconds

And that’s all I am doing at the moment. During PSM active time registration status is +CEREG: 1, during TAU time registration status is +CEREG: 4. As far as I understand this is correct.

Thanks.

Hi connor,

You should use CPSMS command before KSLEEP command. Also, check and turn off the WAKE-UP pushbutton on your devkit.

Thanks,

Hi,

I have changed the order of the AT commands as you suggested and the WAKE-UP switch is off. I have noticed the FAST_SHD LED is continuously illuminated even though the button is not being pressed.

Result is the same. I am measuring ~14mA when the module should be in lite-hibernate mode.

Thanks.

Hi connor,

HL7812 has not been officially sold yet and there is no official firmware on Sierra source page. I don’t know if the LPM feature worked well on this product. Could you please contact the supplier of this product for the info?

Thanks,

Hi jerdung,

Yes I can do that. Thanks for your help :slight_smile: