OK
at+cgdcont?
OK
AT+CGDCONT=3,"IP","everywhere"
ERROR

The latest AT command guide of HL78xx says for :
Valid range: Carrier-dependent

Hi jyi

The UK EE network supports multiple contexts - even with a 2G RAT (which my module is currently using).

If I plug the same SIM into an RC7620 I am able to use AT+CGCONT to configure context 3 without any error

I know that some networks limit the number of active contexts - in the UK this limit can be 1 - but it is still possible to use a different PDP Context Identifier for the context that is activated.

I think this issue could be caused by either

1. A bug in the HL7802.4.6.9 FW or
  2. Something went wrong on my modem when I upgraded to HL7802.4.6.9

For interest I am using AT+CGDCONT in conjunction with AT+WPPP and AT+CGACT to PDP context activate on the UK EE network. If I select = 2 the context activate works correctly

It would be great if you could check and let me know if your gold standard modem behaves as expected or if this is already logged as a bug or if this is fixed in the new HL7812 FW

@johnofleek

So as @jyijyi said the number of CID’s available to work with varies depending on the KCARRIERCFG command setting which is dicussed in the customisation APN, in this APN in table 2 row 4 (not counting the header) it shows the numbers of CID’s available for use for a given carrier config, for the default there is 1 and 2.

What you are asking for is for the number of CID’s available to be used/set to be expanded to the theoretical 15, not for it to be ‘fixed’ as this is documented behaviour and so consequently it is not a bug.

Regards

Matt

1 Like

Hi Matt

Many thanks for the detailed explanation.

I don’t understand why the KCARRIERCFG DEFAULT CID supports just 1,2

or why this info isn’t in the AT Commands Interface Guide [41111821] except for Note

Parameters like available CIDs might vary depending on operator configuration
set by +KCARRIERCFG . Refer to Table 2 Device Configuration of AirPrime
HL7800-M MNO and RF Band Customization at Customer Application Site
Application Note (reference number 2174213) for configuration description.

I can see that it is documented in the [HL78xx Customization Guide Application Note 2174213-3.0] Table 2

Cheers

John

@johnofleek

Documenting the same behaviour in multiple places makes for a documentation headache, if you do change something then all of the documentation has to be updated and up issued creating quite a lot of work for no actual reason.

Regards

Matt

1 Like