HL78 is not responding

HL78 is not responding to AT commands. It seems the firmware is corrupted or it has a hardware issue. How can I reinstall the firmware?

@anasal,

Highly unlikely the firmware is corrupted, More likely you have put it into auto sleep mode, try toggling the wake_up line to bring it up.

Regards

Matt

Hi,

I have the similar issue with HL7800.
I updated the FW via USB/UART manually. It is not difficult, i did it a few times.
Once my USB hanged during the FW uploading (maybe only 50% of FW uploading process was done), and i didn’t have any other option only to stop and reset the whole process. After that the modem is not being synchronized at the begin of uploading process, even the modem doesn’t response to any issued command. It seems like something corrupted after the FW uploading process has been interrupted.

Is it possible to upload FW ? I am trying to synchronize the modem again and again without success.

Thanks

Jan

1 Like

@jan.krchnak

So are you using the USB or the UART (AT command) of the HL78? The UART should never die as you should be able to update it using the one click updater, if it has experienced a problem it might take a couple of goes to synch properly.

Regards

Matt