HL7688

hello,

Few questions,
Does the HL 7688 supports the emergency voice calls?
Does it has eSIM?

Thanks.

Hi,

The unit has a digital PCM interface so from a hardware perspective yes it does. It also has HSPA but is not slated fro VoLTE as far as I can see, therefore I would expect it to support voice over 3G but but not LTE. From my testing of the HL7692 which supports voice over 2G for Europe if it is on LTE and receives an ATD to place a call it will automatically fall back to 2G and in the case of the HL7688 I would expect it to go to 3G if available. No guarantees until you test it though when you get your hands on one.

Regards

Matt

Forgot to answer the eSIM question. You need to be a bit more precise, an ‘eSIM’ in the paymans definition where it only exists in software is a while away, there are few stepping stones and political obstacles to get through first.

Regards

Matt

Matt,
Thanks for response. Since plan is to use 7688 for wearable product we cannot afford to have physical slot for SIM. Is there any where on the sierra website I can have detailed hardware document for every details.Thanks.

All of the publicly available technical information is on our developer site http://source.sierrawireless.com/, since the 7688 has been announced to the wider world there is a section for it but we have obviously not released a technical spec, AT command manual, etc, there will be documentation available but you need to go through your commercial channel to get this.

Regards

Matt