FXT09 USB

Hi,

I have installed a FXT09 on a Windows 7. I would like to send SMS alert with PRTG.

When I try this command with putty :
AT
AT+CSQ
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CMGS=“06xxxxxx”
Enter the text of your test message here.

I have that :
AT
OK
AT+CSQ
+CSQ: 30,0

OK
AT+CMGF=1
OK
AT+CMGS=“06xxxxxx”

ERROR

Thx for help!!

Hiya,

First, turn extended error reporting on - use

AT+CMEE=1

This will give you an error code that you can look up in the AT commands guide, rather than simply ERROR.

Note: the AT+CMEE=1 command is not sticky - you have to re-enter it after every module reboot.

Are these the results from using Putty, or from your application?

A couple of basic things to check:

1. Can you send SMS using this sim card in other modules or using a standard GSM phone?
  2. Is the SIM ready? A sim card takes some time to initialise and be ready. Or does the SIM need a PIN code? Check with
AT+CPIN?

If all is good, you’ll get something along the lines of SIM READY or SIM OK . If you get SIM PIN, then you need to enter a PIN code to unlock the sim, and if you get ERROR, then look up the error in the AT commands guide.

1. Has the module registered on the network by the time you send the commands from your application? Again, the module takes some time to connect to the network after reboot or power on and be ready to transact data. Check the state of the network connection using
AT+CREG?

You will get a response indicating network connection status - check the AT commands guide for the full breakdown of all the different combinations…

1. If you want to see what’s happening while the module is initialising, register for the unsolicited network events using
AT+WIND=32767

This will display a number of messages as the module registers to the network. Again, all the possible outputs are documented in the AT commands guide.

Hope this helps you get further.

ciao, Dave