FX30 automatically makes data connection

Hi,

I am currently developing an application on the FX30 that calls a phone number when an input changes state.
For this purpose SIM cards (from Vodafone) are used with a phone flat-rate and so data connections are very expensive (0.51MB for 3,58€).

For some reason however the FX30 is apparently making a data connection as indicated by the following picture (Sorry, I only have it in German):

I have cleared out the APN and am waiting for the next overview of the connections, but in the mean time I would like to know if there are more ways I can absolutely make sure that the FX30 never uses a data connection other then eth0.

Hi there,
Could you please post the output of:
1.AT!FWD?ALVER
2. AT!FWD?DEVTYPE
3. ATI
4.AT+WDSC?

The FX30 is designed to automatically check in to Airvantage periodically.

The polling rate in minutes, is the +WDSC 3,X value.

Try disabling it:
AT+WDSC=3,0

However, please be aware, if you do this your device may be stuck in the field, unable to communicate with the server for updates.

BR,
Chris

Hello,

and thank you for taking the time to help me!
I am very new to this so it took me some time to get the AT commands to work.

The output from the AT commands:

1. R14.0.4.002
  2. fx30
  3. Manufacturer: Sierra Wireless, Incorporated
    Model: FX30
    Revision: SWI9X15Y_07.12.09.00 r34123 CARMD-EV-FRMWR1 2017/04/26 23:34:19
    MEID: 35398408005331
    ESN: 12814838829, 80E26C2D
    IMEI: 353984080053315
    IMEI SV: 45
    FSN: LL705200091010
    +GCAP: +CGSM,+FCLASS,+DS
  4. +WDSC: 0,0
    +WDSC: 1,1
    +WDSC: 2,1
    +WDSC: 3,60
    +WDSC: 4,0

Is there a more permanent way to disable the polling? Or is the setting stored even after a reboot?

I am aware that I can’t access the device from the server, but I do not need that feature.
It will always be connected to an Ethernet network and then I can access it via ssh.

Kind regards,

Simon

Hi Simon,
The +WDSC setting is persistent over a reboot but not over a factory reset.
I also recommend setting the APN to a string that you know is incorrect instead of leaving it blank. There is a known issue with the 16.10 Legato in which the APN could be changed. The system is designed to try and ensure connectivity to AV (and your device) cannot be lost.
BR,
Chris

Hello Chris,

Thank you for the information!
I have set the APN to “noconnectionallowed” and stopped the dataConnectionManager service.
Once Vodafone sends me another connection overview I will know if it solved the issue.

Kind regards,

Simon