Firmware upgrade error and file system support

Hi~

1. I’m using FXT009 which firmware version is R7.47.4 and I’m trying to do firmware upgrade to R7.52.
    I connect FXT009 to Develper Studio with UART(COM1-115200-8-none-1-hardware) successfully and download bootloader first at Target Management->Bootloader tab, but faced below error.

Download file dwl.dwl to port COM1, reload informations and check => ERROR: Timeout while handling command: class com.swi.tm.hlservices.target.internal.bundle.AtWdm2Callback
Download file dwl.dwl to port COM1, reload informations and check => ERROR: Timeout while handling command: class com.swi.tm.hlservices.target.internal.bundle.AtWdm2Callback
Open port COM1 => DONE: Success
Open port COM1 => NO NEED TO DO IT: Success
Waiting for module detection => DONE: Target detected sn:BH3280014408101 baudrate:115200
Switch to Development mode and check => DONE: Success
Switch to Development mode => DONE: Success
Pause : 300 milliseconds => DONE: Success
Check dev mode unlocked => DONE: Success
Enable persistent development mode => ERROR: Persistence command not supported on the running FW
Show a CONFIRM dialog with message => NO NEED TO DO IT: Success
DWL File parsing => DONE: Success
Show a CONFIRM dialog with message => NO NEED TO DO IT: Success
Load model element: Target Informations => ERROR: Timeout while handling command: class com.swi.tm.hlservices.target.internal.bundle.AtWdm2Callback
Load model element: Target Informations => ERROR: Timeout while handling command: class com.swi.tm.hlservices.target.internal.bundle.AtWdm2Callback

Is there any info. to solve this problem?

1. The reason firmware upgrade is I need to check file system support at FXT009. In R7.47 firmware, it seems file system was not supported.(I check with ‘at+wopen=9’ and return error. Also in Developer Studio->Target Management->‘File System view’, error message was shown 'FIle system is not supported on your device.) In release note of Open AT Application Framework v2.51, file system support and seems FXT009 is included. Is there anybody who knows exact info for file system supporting on FXT009?

answer myself :slight_smile:

Firmware upgrade with Hyper Terminal + Xmodem is working. But I have no idea why upgrade with Developer Studio was failed.

With Firmware v7.51, FXT009 supports file system feature while v7.47 not.

Thank you for reading.

Hi
I have the same problem but I don’t know how to download firmware to my FXT009 by hyperterminal + Xmodem. Can you explain me the procedure?

thanks

Hiya,

Instructions can be found here

It’s an extract from the FW 7.52 release notes - found on the Sierra Wireless developer site.

ciao, Dave