i would like to ask what is the AT command sequence for the fax handshake (if there is any…)…
anyway, i would like to describe below my set-up and procedures that i have done, and in hopefully you would be able to point me to some directions to move into…
Equip 1: Mobile Station (PC and Fastrack Supreme - Using mobile SIM with Data call support)
Equip 2: Landline Station (PC and Conexant Modem - Using a PSTN FAX number)
- From Equip 1 PC Hyperterminal, dial Equip 2 number “atd07xxxxxxx” .
- At Equip 2 PC Hyperterminal, “Ring” displays
- From Equip 2 PC Hyperterminal, type “ata” to to answer the call.
- “fax handshake” occurs, (i can hear the sound/noise when the modem tries to connect to each other)
- Equip 1 and Equip 2 are connected, so you can type characters from Equip 1 PC Hyperterminal and it is displayed in Equip 2 PC hyperterminal.
–> Setup and Procedure 1 = OK.
- From Equip 2 PC Hyperterminal, dial Equip 1 number “atd021xxxxxxx” .
- At Equip 1 PC Hyperterminal, “Ring” displays
- From Equip 1 PC Hyperterminal, type “ata” to to answer the call.
–> at this point i do not know what to do for the “fax handshake” to occur or for the modem to connect to each other…
–> from Equip 2, i could still hear a tone beeping, i would guess that the Equip 2 is waiting for some command or identification from Equip 1…
i hope i explained my problem clearly…if you need more information, i would be happy to comply…thank you very much…