EM9191 AT Password Not Working

Hi,

I’m working with a new EM9191. I’m attempting to access the password protected commands by entering the default password (“A710”) using the AT command AT!ENTERCND=“A710” (I’m being careful to use the quotes). After I execute this command, I receive the OK.

To see if the password was accepted, I execute AT!ENTERCND? and look for an echo of “A710”. Unfortunately, all that is ever returned is “ERROR”. This indicates that the default password is not working.

How can I solve this?

Thanks,
Keith

P.S. The reason for needing to access password protected commands is because the EM9191 is not finding 5G, which I know is present. I was trying to change some settings to see if I could get 5G to work. After I get the password working, I might need further help getting 5G to work.

you can type some password-protected command to verify:

ati3
Manufacturer: Sierra Wireless, Incorporated
Model: EM9190
Revision: SWIX55C_03.09.06.00 340b2d jenkins 2022/03/16 00:37:53
IMEI: 351735110126022
IMEI SV: 21
FSN: 4H1172010503A1
+GCAP: +CGSM

OK
at!usbcomp?
ERROR
at!entercnd="A710"
OK
at!usbcomp?
Config Index: 1
Config Type:  4 (USBIF-MBIM-V2)
Interface bitmask: 00001009 (diag,modem,mbim)

OK

@keith1

If the command has returned OK then its gone in correctly, there isn’t a status for it to read which is why the query command is returning ERROR.

Regards

Matt

Thanks for your response!

It turns out that the password does seem to be working because I am able to see the status for password protected commands.

Unfortunately, I was confused by the documentation. (See response below.)

Hi Matt,

I appreciate your response.

As you surmised, because the OK is returned, it does seem like the password is being accepted. As I mentioned above, I am indeed able to see the responses of password protected commands, so it must be the case that the password is being accepted.

The documentation does say that AT!ENTERCND? should echo the password if unlocked. This does happen correctly on my MC7455, but for some reason the EM9191 does not respond with an echo. Anyways, the main thing is that my password is being accepted!

Now, on to why 5G is not working for me.

Thanks,
Keith