EM9190 not being detected in Windows 10

My EM9190 is not being detected in my Windows 10 machine.

I have an m.2 to USB 3 adaptor for the card but it does not appear to power on. Is there a specific Sierra Wireless tool I need to install for this to be recognized?

Should I try taping specific pins?

@belusnecropolis

So it should at the very least show up in the

TBH it is unlikely to function properly with a converter off the internet as some of the pins will almost certainly be configured incorrectly which will cause the unit to not power up or not be detected correctly.

Regards

Matt

Thank you for your reply Matt. I have also tried it in the ZBT WG1608 router and a couple of EVB boards and I am still not having any fortune.

@belusnecropolis

If you have managed to get your hands on an EM91 then you must have either direct support or support from one of the distributors (as they are in high demand and not for general sale to everyone at the moment). You need to ask them for the technical documentation.

Regards

Matt

I got it off of a random listing on Chinese amazon for a bunch of money, I found the technical documents on the FCC OET website off of the public internet.

I just want to know how to turn it on, or if I need some kind of new adaptor.

@belusnecropolis

You might need one of our dev kits but if you give me the IMEI or serial number (should be written on the unit) I should be able to tell you the build standard and what I would expect it to be able to do and subsequently guide you a bit better.

Regards

Matt

Thank you Matt I sent you message with this information.