EM7565 With Development kit

Hello All,

We want to interface EM7565 with one of QCOM platform product.

I go through link “https://www.sierrawireless.com/products-and-solutions/embedded-solutions/products/em7565/” .

I can see one Development Kit on this link at bottom.

1. Can anyone tell me how can i use this Dev kit with QCOM Host for HOST driver verification purpose?

2. Is this devkit is just holder for any EM series module for USB Connection???

3. What i understand is as below.please let me know if i am wrong.

• Sierra EM7565 driver set up at QCOM Host
  • Connection of EM7565 with Devkit
  • Connection of Devkit to QCOM Host with USB
  • Enumeration of EM7565 should be done correctly in HOST if everything is fine.
  • After Enumeration, i should be able to connect Host to internet via mobile data.

Is all this???

@LTEEM,

What you want to do is not clear.

The EM devkit is designed to allow you to power an M unit up and subsequently plug it into a host system i.e. windows laptop, Ubuntu, etc using the USB interface what you do on that system is up to you.

Regards

Matt

Hi mlw,

Thank you.I got your point.
I have development kit of EM series.I have attached Module on that.

At software side, i have integrated Android RIL.

But when i attach kit through USB to HOST(Android) , i can not find device in lsusb.

when i attach kit through USB to HOST(Linux-Ubuntu) , Device is shown under lsusb.

In Integration Guide, they are writing to disable qcserial.I am following all steps. Can you suggest where should i check for further debugging?

Thanks in advance.

@LTEEM,

If you are able to see the unit in your Linux host then it is clearly powering up correctly, why you are not seeing it in your Android one I do not know, I do not deal with Android very much.

Regards

Matt

@mlw

Thank you for your reply. Device is now getting detected.

Can you Please Guide me on EM7565 in LPM,data session end reason 2?
Thanks

@LTEEM, Could you provide radio log?
From your previous comment, device was detected. To capture radio log you could try “adb logcat -v time -b radio”

Thanks,

@mlw and @mlw

Thank you so much for your efforts.

I am able to detect device with devkit on my Platform.

So i would like to close this thread and would like to continue with

Thank you