EM7565 in LPM,data session end reason 2

Hello All,

I have integrated Android RIL with 8.1.3-ARM64 with 64 bit Platform.

EM7565 FW parameters
################################################################
Current Time: 1007 Temperature: 28
Reset Counter: 1 Mode: ONLINE
System mode: WCDMA PS state: Attached
WCDMA band: WCDMA 2100
WCDMA channel: 10732
MM (CS) state: IDLE NORMAL SERVICE
WCDMA L1 state:L1M_PCH_SLEEP LAC: 17d4 (6100)
RRC state: CELL_PCH UTRAN Cell ID: 0035ec48 (3533896)
RxM RSSI C0: -44 RxD RSSI C0: —
RxM RSSI C1: — RxD RSSI C1: —
OK

################################################################
preferred fw version: 01.07.02.00
preferred carrier name: GENERIC
preferred config name: GENERIC_002.004_000
current fw version: 01.07.02.00
current carrier name: GENERIC
current config name: GENERIC_002.004_000
OK
#################################################################
TYPE SLOT STATUS LRU FAILURES UNIQUE_ID BUILD_ID
FW 1 GOOD 1 0 0 ?? 01.07.02.00?
FW 2 EMPTY 0 0 0
FW 3 EMPTY 0 0 0
FW 4 EMPTY 0 0 0
Max FW images: 4
Active FW image is at slot 1

TYPE SLOT STATUS LRU FAILURES UNIQUE_ID BUILD_ID
PRI FF GOOD 0 0 0 002.004_000 01.07.02.00_GENERIC
Max PRI images: 50
OK
###############################################################

Sequence

1. echo -e “AT+CFUN=1\r\n” > /dev/ttyUSB2
  2. echo -e “AT+CGATT=1\r\n” > /dev/ttyUSB2
  3. echo -e “at!scact=1,1\r\n” > /dev/ttyUSB2
  4. ip route add default via fe80::a444:fdff:fed8:64 dev wwan0 (local)
  5. ping6 -I wwan0 2001:4860:4860::8888

This AT sequence make module enable to ping .
But ping will be stopped after some time(4-5 Min).

Data connection end reason = 2

###################################################################
So please consider following issues.

1. EM7565 always boots in LPM mode , i am not able to find CFUN=0 command in log.
  • Why it always boots in LPM?
  • What should be done to boot module in Active mode?
  1. after firing CFUN=1 and above sequence, i manage to ping google for some interval.
  • What is datasessionend reason=2?
  • Why ping is for some specific interval
  1. All above is through AT command only even though i am using QMI mode.
  • Without AT command module is in LPM always and no action is taken place from libraries/binaries
  • How can i do all this with QMI? I need to make it Automative.

Any help will be great.

There are a limited number of reasons the unit can go into LPM. Send the below command and it will tell you why it is in this mode.

at!pcinfo?

Regards

Matt

@LTEEM Please use “adb logcat -v time -b radio” to capture radio logs.

Thanks,

@mlw :

Thank you so much for help

AT(14)< State: Online
02-26 13:16:53.212 I/use-Rlog/RLOG-AT(  802): AT(14)< LPM voters - Temp:0, Volt:0, User:0, W_DISABLE:0, IMSWITCH:0, BIOS:0, LWM2M:0, OMADM:0, FOTA:0, RFCAL:0
02-26 13:16:53.212 I/use-Rlog/RLOG-AT(  802): AT(14)< LPM persistence - User:1
02-26 13:16:53.212 I/use-Rlog/RLOG-AT(  802): AT(14)< OK

@wzhang : yes i will share logs within short time.

Can anyone tell me what should be default value of “AT+CGDCONT?”?
I have changed this to at+cgdcont=1,“IP”,“airtelgprs.com”\r\n"

with this i was able to ping with JIO and Airtel.
if i remove this i am not able to get IP.I want to set it to default.

Thanks

@wzhang
ease find attached radio log file.
radio_log1.txt (104.8 KB)

@LTEEM,

CID 1 (AT+CGDCONT) will be shipped from the Sierra factory with no value (if shipped as a generic unit rather than an operator specific one).

Most operators will allow the unit to LTE attach to their network (which also results in an IP address being allocated) without the unit specifying an APN but others might not depending on how the SIM/network is setup.

Regards

Matt

@mlw

Ok .I will check if setting no value works.

Thank you.

Hi @LTEEM,

There is no data call at all in your radio log. Did you manually use at+cfun=1 to turn off LPM mode due to another issue?

Actually you don’t need use at+cgdcont to set APN for the modem. What you need is to setup APN from GUI.
Try Settings-More…->Cellular network->Access Point Name to add “IND AirTel” APN and save then try.

Please capture logs.

Thanks,

@mlw and @wzhang

Thank you for your support.

I am able to ping google with QMI now by setting “ro.radio.noril” property to “no” .

When power up, SIM is automatically detected and getting attached to network.DHCP and DNS are working properly.

But,

2 Problems are now.

1. This process works properly with AIRTEL ,VODAFONE Sim, but not with JIO Sim.
  • With JIO sim card, Sim is getting detected and APN is set automatically to jionet.
  • But not able to get IP and connection to Network.
  • Do i need to do anything for JIO 4G?
  1. In this way SIM is automatically connected to Internet by enabling Mobile data.
  • It will cause issue of power performance.
  • Is there any way RIL support to “enable SIM” only when inernet is needed?(Ps it is “enable SIM” not “enable data”).My Application does not need SIM card for any other purpose except internet.
  1. What about LPM?Does Modem goes in LPM automatically or it need some command to be performed?

Thank you

@LTEEM,

For the issues.

• Given it works on all of the other carriers and you have set the APN correctly you need to a) check you have JIO coverage (at+cops=?) b) Check the SIM has LTE rights.
  • Second question is a bit of a mess, not sure what you are talking about, if you power the unit up it will look at the SIM interface and use whatever is on it.
  • Unit can go into LPM i.e. radio off with a command, it can also enter a LPM while attached to the network but this needs to be initiated by the host using USB suspend mode.

Regards

Matt

Hello mlw.

Thanks for your support

1. I am able to work with JIO SIM by changing IP Type to IPV4 instead of IPV4V6.
  2. CFUN = 0, puts modem in LPM(Connection will be lost ).But as you suggetsed , i wil try with USB Suspend.

Thanks for support.
Can you suggest me any good Android Application to measure network throughput with modem?

Thanks

@LTEEM,

While on the surface throughput testing seems simple it is actually a complicated operation if you are going to get meaningful results as described in this apps note.

https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/application_notes_and_code_samples/airprime---cmw500---throughput-definition-and-measurement/

Re an Android app for testing throughput you can search the app store as well as I can but speedchecker is as reliable as anything, however, as per the above apps note the results are meaningless and not comparable to anything given you have no idea about a lot of settings or potential blocks/restrictions upstream of the modem.

Regards

Matt

Thank you @mlw,

• Airtel sets default IP to IPV4 : works perfect
  • JIO sets default IP to IPV4V6 : it is not working.
    once i change IPV4V6 to IPV4 from GUI, It works.

Question :

1. Why IPV4V6 not working?Is there any command to support all types of IP?
  2. Is there anyway to change IPV4V6 to IPV4 through AT command (Not by GUI)?

Thanks

@LTEEM,

The type changes the attach request being pushed to the network from the unit. Some networks are quite robust and will accept anything, others are not and require a specific request and if it does not get it then it fails, nothing that can be done on the unit side.

Re ‘changing’ it what do you mean, you change it through the at+cgdcont command, there are three type, IP (which is effectively IPv4), IPV4V6 and IPV6

Hi mlw,

Yes, I have changed through at+cgdcont.
After setting through this, when i query through at+cgdcont? , i get IP(i have set IP).It is ok.
But still i am not able to connect with network.

While, In case of GUI, when i change APN setting to IPv4 instead of IPV6V4, i am able to connect to network.

So,setting IP Type through GUI and at+cgdcont is not same???

Thanks

@LTEEM

We have also used a EM7455 with our custom design, and also used a JIO sim card, the issue we are facing is we are able to access only few website like “www.google.com” “www.jio.com” “www.facebook.com” but not able to access website like “www.amazon.com” “www.flipkart.com” and during it is not access the website it sowing the “ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED”, but at the same time “ping -I wwan0 www.amazon.com” is able to ping from command line still i didn’t understand this behavior, can you please help on this.