EM7305 in Lenovo - is not recognized

I have moved a EM7305 from my old Fujitsu laptop, to my new Lenovo T14 AMD. But Windows does not recognize it at all. Nothing in Device manager. It worked in the Fujitsu before moving it. I have installed the generic Sierra driver for it, but that did not change a thing.

Hi @utvecklarn,

Please note that the EM7305 module does not have an independent power supply and make sure it’s connected to your Lenovo host in the right way.

After module powered on, please help to check Module power state so that you can see it under Device Manager, it should be Normal(Default state) or Low power (Airplane mode).

Detail for above items, you can refer to the document: https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/hardware_specs_user_guides/airprime---em7305---product-technical-specification-and-customer-design-guidelines/#sthash.vfKFDH4q.dpbs

If it does not work, please upgrade module to latest FW and re-install driver for window

Also give a try on a “Scan for hardware changes” button of Device Manager

Thanks,

Hi, Have had too much to do to write again. I have tested the new firmware update, but it says:
FDT version: 5.0.1501.1
Checking modem mode …

Firmware download failed.
Primary error code: 82 - Failed in checking modem mode.
Secondary error code: 5 - Neither NDIS adapter nor serial port is available.
Device error code: 0x0 - Successful.
Total time elapsed: 187 ms.
Press Enter to continue …

Hi @utvecklarn,

Yes, you cannot upgrade to latest FW and observe the error showed due to device is attached to Lenovo T14 AMD which does not recognize device.

Please help to attach device to the PC which can recognize it and try to upgrading again.

Thanks,