Download application via serial link

hi to all,
i am new bie and i want to download my application via Serial Link.
Is there any PDF that wavecom provided that list down the steps…?
kindly tell me the steps how to do that (I am using Uart1) ,so that i can send commands via Hyper terminal to check commands and then try to code them.
I have also checked ADL Application Download Sample and it made me confused.
Plz guide me
anxiously waiting for your reply
Thanking you in anticipation.

Yes, that is the correct sample to look at
In what way were you confused?

The steps for DOTA are listed at the end of this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1346&p=4911&hilit=dota#p4911

NB: Although DOTA stands for “Download Over The Air” the actual method of transferring the data is irrelevant - the same process applies irrespective of what interface and/or protocol is used; viz,

How to load the WPB.DWL file into the Cell; i mean to say by which command…

aren’t they provide any video tutorial …

Have you actually read the section on the [b]Application & Data Storage Service /b in the ADL User Guide :question:

Of the available functions listed there, which one do you think might be used to write to a cell… :question:
Hint: the clue is in the name…

There’s an idea - perhaps you should suggest it…

Do you already have an OpenAT application running within the module? If not, use AT+WDWL to download an application via serial link into your module. If you want the module to self-upgrade its application you should use DOTA (but I don’t know the reason to use it this way…)

If you just want to update the application in the standard way via UART1, then you can use AT+WDWL without having to worry about DOTA or A&D storage or the rest.

If you have special requirements for stuff to happen before/during/after the update, then you might need to implement DOTA to cope with that.

If you want to update over another port (UART2, USB, etc), then you have to imlement something using DOTA.

in 7.4 it’s also possible to use AT+WDWL over usb (still in beta though but it works for me :smiley: )

Only USB? What about UART2?