Different results between RTE and Release modes

Hello everyone!

I’m using an M1306B modem, with 657e firmware, 3.14.04 OS version and WIP 3.00.1030.

I’m seeing different results if using debug mode and downloading application to the modem: With the application running in the modem, wip_bearerStart always return 0, and after a while, WIP_BEV_IP_CONNECTED event is sent to the handler properly, but in debug mode, wip_bearerStart always return -27, and WIP_BEV_IP_CONNECTED event is never received, so, I can’t debug properly. Has someone seen this? Any workarounds?

Thank you in advance.

Isn’t it a known limitation that WIP doesn’t work in RTE mode?

Hi,

i currently use a modem Q2686 and Q2687. The WIP plug-in works properly under RTE and target modes for me. In RTE mode, events are released after a while, because there is a synchronization betweeen your PC (which execute your OpenAT application in debug mode --> allow you to insert breakpoint …etc…) and the module (used as a modem in this mode). Then, -27 means WIP_BERR_OK_INPROGRESS (p.221), “connection started, an event will be sent after completion”. So, everything fine, the code -27 is not an error… it informs you that the connection is in progress…If you wait few seconds (maybe 20 seconds average in debug mode) event "WIP_BEV_IP_CONNECTED will be sent.

In target mode, events are released more quickly because OpenAT application is loaded and executed on your module without any synchronization constraints.

I hope it would help.

Regards

I stand corrected! :blush:

Which, as afaurep said, is WIP_BERR_OK_INPROGRESS - so that’s not a problem…

If you don’t get WIP_BEV_IP_CONNECTED, you should instead get WIP_BEV_IP_CONN_FAILED - and that should include a reason for the failure…

Even in Target mode, IIRC, there can be a long delay before the unit finally gives up with WIP_BEV_IP_CONN_FAILED - are you sure that you’re waiting long enough…?

No event was received after calling wip_bearerStart, WIP_BERR_OK_INPROGRESS nor WIP_BEV_IP_CONNECTED, after waiting for 5 minutes. But I’ve luckily found the reason. My modem is configured to 9600 baud after a reset, and seems that some events are not received by the computer if working at less than 115200 baud. Now everything is working properly in both modes.

hello ,

For me, the opposite in debug mode works fine but in release mode I have the error WIP_BERR_OK_INPROGRESS

Regads .

See above - despite the misleading prefix in the name, that is not an error!

I also have the error “WIP_BEV_CONN_FAILED” and she is intermpre connection .
it works well in debug mode , what must be changed for it works in release mode
Regards

why?

In my case, it was related to baud rate. It was like some events were never received.

Thank for your answer ,

it works well now , i have a problem in function strlen , it takes not the last char when i use it with wm_memcpy for copy my list configuration , so I change it by sizeof and now it works in the 2 modes , the last char is ‘0’ for the end of string .

Thank you again and GOOD LUCK :wink:
Regards !

I think you need to review the basics of string handling in ‘C’.

‘C’ marks the end of a string with a NUL character; ie, a byte with the value zero - this is not the same as the character ‘0’ (ASCII code 0x30).

sorry , i want to say ‘\0’

and you understand the differnces in handling this between the string functions (like strlen) and memory functions (like memcpy) :question:

i know the differnce between strlen et sizeof because they have he same function , but i’m not understand what do you man by the differnce between the wmcpy et strlen , i can’t compare with this two functions .

Can you explaine me more what do you mean .

Regards !

That’s why I say you need to review the basics of ‘C’ string handling.

These are standard library functions - see any ‘C’ textbook.