Developer Studio 3.1 - Released

Developer Studio 3.1 has been released and is now available for download.

If you’re already running Developer Studio 3.0, the update should be proposed the next time you’ll start it, or can be triggered with the Help > Check for Updates menu.
In order to install Developer Studio 3.1, please follow the Getting Started instructions.
For more information on this release content, please read the Release Note

Please note that this version has been designed to be compatible with Legato 14.07, and will not be 100% compatible with previous versions features (device behavior, adef file format, etc…); it is recommended to use it only once you’ve migrated your environment to Legato 14.07 version.

Hello,

I have installed DeveloperStudio 3.1 but Legato Application Framework package is nost installed.

On help menu of developer studio I receive the message:“The link may be wrong, or you may not have the corresponding product feature installed”

How can I install Legato Framework on windows developer studio to donwloand a binary sample for example on wp7?

"

Isabel

Hi Isabel,

Legato framework only runs on a Linux host due to the cross compilation tools required.

However, you can run the Linux dev environment in a virtual machine in windows. I’ve been successful using vmware workstation to do this.

Ciao, Dave

Yes indeed, Windows hosts are still not supported for Legato apps development and Target Management.
But it’s in the roadmap for the next one; we’re currently working on it :wink:

We are trying to install developper studio in Unbutun 14.04 but we get this error. Attach the log

sslr@pcsslr:~$ sudo apt-get install devstudio-legato
Leyendo lista de paquetes… Hecho
Creando árbol de dependencias
Leyendo la información de estado… Hecho
Se instalarán los siguientes paquetes NUEVOS:
devstudio-legato
0 actualizados, 1 se instalarán, 0 para eliminar y 2 no actualizados.
Se necesita descargar 0 B/2.860 B de archivos.
Se utilizarán 29,7 kB de espacio de disco adicional después de esta operación.
Seleccionando el paquete devstudio-legato previamente no seleccionado.
(Leyendo la base de datos … 234345 ficheros o directorios instalados actualmente.)
Preparing to unpack …/devstudio-legato_3.1.0.201408010914-1_all.deb …
Unpacking devstudio-legato (3.1.0.201408010914-1) …
Configurando devstudio-legato (3.1.0.201408010914-1) …
*** Using updatesite: updatesite.sierrawireless.com/developerStudio3
*** Temporary workspace: /tmp/tmp.wyIGTdfbZS
*** Action: install
*** Installing feature: com.swi.devenv.legato.feature.group/3.1.0.201408010908
Installation failed.
The installable unit com.swi.devenv.legato.feature.group/3.1.0.201408010908 has not been found.
Application failed, log file location: /usr/lib/devstudio-updater/director/configuration/1412330005127.log

*** Clean temp workspace: /tmp/tmp.wyIGTdfbZS
sslr@pcsslr:~$
1412330005127.log (18.3 KB)

Isabel,

You need to make sure all of the dev system pre requisites are carried as per the legato getting started guide, then install dev studio as per the instrusctions at the link below

developer.sierrawireless.com/developerstudio

The critical points are to run the folliwng

wget updatesite.sierrawireless.com/de … tudio.list -O - | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/devstudio.list
wget updatesite.sierrawireless.com/de … studio.key -O - | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install devstudio-legato

I have successfully done this on a system today, attached is the tail end of the installation process.

Also might want to try doing the process as root rather than just sudo, thats just a belt and braces suggestion.

Regards

Matt
Dev studio legato.txt (25.5 KB)