Detailed +CEER unsolicited result

At one point, I was able to get very detailed unsolicited results on attach attempts.
As such:

I don’t know what command I ran to get them, as I was brand new to the HL7800 and just tried at commands blindly to see what I would get.
I have not been able to turn them back on. Is there a way to turn these back on? They were very helpful but I lost them after I had to change to a second HL7800 modem modules.

Hi pboozer

You can use AT+CEER command to get the extended error report. Error information given by the network in text format. Empty if no report is available.

Please help to tick “Solutions” if your question is answered.

Thank you for the response Donald.
I know I can use AT+CEER itself to get the errors but I only get responses like

+CEER: NETWORK_FAILURE

when I call it manually. I was curious if there was a way to have them fully unsolicited and detailed that that. I don’t have it in the picture I took sadly, but those came with no input from me on a failed attach attempt. It was very helpful for troubleshooting.

Hi pboozer,

What firmware HL78xx version do you see the unsolicited results +CEER?
The unsolicited results +CEER are disabled for all carriers and only enable them for LGU carriers.
Please provide the response for the commands below:
ATI3
AT+KCARRIERCFG?

Hi Donald,
The one device I had the codes on was running 4.4.6, the firmware that came with the modem, and was set to docomo for carrier.

Hi pboozer,

This issue is fixed on firmware HL78xx 4.5.4.0.
The unsolicited results +CEER are disabled for all carriers and only enable them for LGU carriers.

Please help to tick “Solutions” if your question is answered.

Hi Donald,

I don’t understand what you mean by

This issue is fixed on firmware HL78xx 4.5.4.0.

Was it giving the details an issue? I liked it for debugging & troubleshooting, but planed to turn it off for final deployment.

Hi pboozer,

Yes, it was. The customer interface gets cluttered by +CEER indication when having network connectivity problems. The software team disabled unsolicited results +CEER for all carriers and enabled them only for LGU carriers on firmware HL78xx 4.5.4.0.