Connect to SIM static IP from WAN

Hi,

I have an LTE router with a Sierra Wireless SIM inside. How can I connect to the router from WAN? The static IP of the SIM is 10.80.0.27 but this is obviously a private IP. Do I need to use VPN of some kind? How do I set this up?

Appreciate your answers.

Thanks!

Hi @alanlahoni ,
Welcome you to our community!
Are you using LTE router which belongs to Sierra? Can you describe clearly your diagram ?

Thanks

Hi @LemonGreen

Thanks! I am using a Teltonika RUT950, so not a Sierra router. But I have allowed HTTP and HTTPS access in the firewall on port 80 and 443 from WAN. So usually if I have a static public IP i can reach the router. But now with this IP 10.80.0.27 i am not able to reach the router. I guess I have to use VPN?

@LemonGreen anything?

Dear @alanlahoni ,
Normally, the operators will provide a private IP to user, if you would like to be assigned a public static IP, please contact your distributor for signing a specific contract.

Thanks

Hi @LemonGreen

Yes but in this case the operator is Sierra Wireless. I am using your SIM-cards. How should I do? Do you have a VPN solution for this or not?

Best regards.

Hi @LemonGreen

Have you had the time to find a solution for this? Thanks!

Dear @alanlahoni ,
I got your situation. As I mentioned in the previous comment, if you would like to receive a static public IP, you need to contact the distributor/resell channels to request
If you would like to get any solution/configuration, you need to contact the manufacturer of your device

Thanks