Compiler WP7702 error

no idea, seems only your PC has problem, I don’t see problem to compile yocto imge.
Also recently there is other user who can build the WP77 yocto image:

Hi @jyijyi ,

I updated I used R16.0.1 to build WP76xx.

i also built R16.0.1, no problem is found
but seems your PC has problem in both wp76 and wp77

Hi @jyijyi ,

My OS is 16.04 32bit Ubuntu what is your OS version?

ubuntu 16 PC but 64 bit, you can try with 64bit PC

Hi @jyijyi ,

I will try to install Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64bit then build again!

Hi @jyijyi ,

I rebuild in OS Ubuntu 16.04 64bit and it can success, but I add camera driver the step is following “mangOH - WebCam Demo.pdf” and I got error

pthread-stubs-native', 'xcb-proto-native', 'libxdmcp-native', 'perl-native']
| DEBUG: Python function extend_recipe_sysroot finished
| DEBUG: Executing python function do_image_complete
| NOTE: Executing write_deploy_manifest ...
| DEBUG: Executing python function write_deploy_manifest
| DEBUG: Python function write_deploy_manifest finished
| DEBUG: Python function do_image_complete finished
| DEBUG: Executing shell function prepare_ubi
| ubinize: error!: cannot stat "/home/test/workspace/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/swi_mdm9x28_wp-poky-linux-gnueabi/mdm9x28-image-minimal/1.0-r0.0/deploy-mdm9x28-image-minimal-image-complete/mdm9x28-image-minimal-swi-mdm9x28-wp-20230510055605.rootfs.2k.ubifs" referred from section "sysfs_volume"
|          error 2 (No such file or directory)
| WARNING: /home/test/workspace/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/swi_mdm9x28_wp-poky-linux-gnueabi/mdm9x28-image-minimal/1.0-r0.0/temp/run.prepare_ubi.6746:1 exit 255 from '/home/test/workspace/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/swi_mdm9x28_wp-poky-linux-gnueabi/mdm9x28-image-minimal/1.0-r0.0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/sbin/ubinize -o $ubi_path $ubinize_args $ubinize_cfg'
| ERROR: Function failed: prepare_ubi (log file is located at /home/test/workspace/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/swi_mdm9x28_wp-poky-linux-gnueabi/mdm9x28-image-minimal/1.0-r0.0/temp/log.do_image_complete.6746)
ERROR: Task (/home/test/workspace/yocto/meta-swi/meta-swi-mdm9x28/recipes-core/images/mdm9x28-image-minimal.bb:do_image_complete) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 4257 tasks of which 4256 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
  /home/test/workspace/yocto/meta-swi/meta-swi-mdm9x28/recipes-core/images/mdm9x28-image-minimal.bb:do_image_complete
Summary: There were 25 WARNING messages shown.
Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
Makefile:255: recipe for target 'image_bin' failed
make: *** [image_bin] Error 1

How could I fix it ?

you mean you add the gstreamer tool?
Or just the driver?

Hi @jyijyi

I added

IMAGE_INSTALL += "gstreamer1.0"
IMAGE_INSTALL += "gstreamer1.0-plugins-base"
IMAGE_INSTALL += "gstreamer1.0-plugins-good"

And

CONFIG_MEDIA_SUPPORT=m
CONFIG_MEDIA_CAMERA_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_MEDIA_USB_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L2=m
CONFIG_VIDEOBUF2_CORE=m
CONFIG_VIDEOBUF2_MEMOPS=m
CONFIG_VIDEOBUF2_VMALLOC=m
CONFIG_USB_VIDEO_CLASS=m
CONFIG_USB_VIDEO_CLASS_INPUT_EVDEV=y
CONFIG_V4L_PLATFORM_DRIVERS=y

how about go to ./meta-swi/meta-swi-mdm9x28/conf/machine/swi-mdm9x28.conf
and change UBI_ROOTFS_SIZE ?= “48MiB”

Hi @jyijyi ,

I think it can solve one but the other problem is still here

| ubinize: error!: cannot stat "/home/test/workspace/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/swi_mdm9x28_wp-poky-linux-gnueabi/mdm9x28-image-minimal/1.0-r0.0/deploy-mdm9x28-image-minimal-image-complete/mdm9x28-image-minimal-swi-mdm9x28-wp-20230510063133.rootfs.2k.ubifs" referred from section "sysfs_volume"
| WARNING: /home/test/workspace/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/swi_mdm9x28_wp-poky-linux-gnueabi/mdm9x28-image-minimal/1.0-r0.0/temp/run.prepare_ubi.10155:1 exit 255 from '/home/test/workspace/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/swi_mdm9x28_wp-poky-linux-gnueabi/mdm9x28-image-minimal/1.0-r0.0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/sbin/ubinize -o $ubi_path $ubinize_args $ubinize_cfg'
| ERROR: Function failed: prepare_ubi (log file is located at /home/test/workspace/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/swi_mdm9x28_wp-poky-linux-gnueabi/mdm9x28-image-minimal/1.0-r0.0/temp/log.do_image_complete.10155)
ERROR: Task (/home/test/workspace/yocto/meta-swi/meta-swi-mdm9x28/recipes-core/images/mdm9x28-image-minimal.bb:do_image_complete) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 4257 tasks of which 4256 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

you can revert to original source code and just change UBI_ROOTFS_SIZE and see if it can build yocto image and download to module.

Hi @jyijyi ,

I don’t know why I need to do it.

I already finished it when I use original source code and it didn’t have these problem

The problem happened after I added camera driver and gstreamer.

then please tell me which part makes the problem:

1. driver
  2. gstreamer
  3. UBI_ROOTFS_SIZE

Hi @jyijyi ,

I added driver and gstreamer at the same time, so I got error.

pthread-stubs-native', 'xcb-proto-native', 'libxdmcp-native', 'perl-native']
| DEBUG: Python function extend_recipe_sysroot finished
| DEBUG: Executing python function do_image_complete
| NOTE: Executing write_deploy_manifest ...
| DEBUG: Executing python function write_deploy_manifest
| DEBUG: Python function write_deploy_manifest finished
| DEBUG: Python function do_image_complete finished
| DEBUG: Executing shell function prepare_ubi
| ubinize: error!: cannot stat "/home/test/workspace/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/swi_mdm9x28_wp-poky-linux-gnueabi/mdm9x28-image-minimal/1.0-r0.0/deploy-mdm9x28-image-minimal-image-complete/mdm9x28-image-minimal-swi-mdm9x28-wp-20230510055605.rootfs.2k.ubifs" referred from section "sysfs_volume"
| WARNING: /home/test/workspace/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/swi_mdm9x28_wp-poky-linux-gnueabi/mdm9x28-image-minimal/1.0-r0.0/temp/run.prepare_ubi.6746:1 exit 255 from '/home/test/workspace/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/swi_mdm9x28_wp-poky-linux-gnueabi/mdm9x28-image-minimal/1.0-r0.0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/sbin/ubinize -o $ubi_path $ubinize_args $ubinize_cfg'
| ERROR: Function failed: prepare_ubi (log file is located at /home/test/workspace/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/swi_mdm9x28_wp-poky-linux-gnueabi/mdm9x28-image-minimal/1.0-r0.0/temp/log.do_image_complete.6746)

Summary: 1 task failed:
  /home/test/workspace/yocto/meta-swi/meta-swi-mdm9x28/recipes-core/images/mdm9x28-image-minimal.bb:do_image_complete
Summary: There were 25 WARNING messages shown.
Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
Makefile:255: recipe for target 'image_bin' failed
make: *** [image_bin] Error 1

And you suggest to modify SIZE
then the problem seems fixed.

But the error are still here

1.  ubinize: error!: cannot stat "/home/test/workspace/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/swi_mdm9x28_wp-poky-linux-gnueabi/mdm9x28-image-minimal/1.0-r0.0/deploy-mdm9x28-image-minimal-image-complete/mdm9x28-image-minimal-swi-mdm9x28-wp-20230510063702.rootfs.2k.ubifs" referred from section "sysfs_volume"

2. ERROR: Function failed: prepare_ubi

you did not answer the question, which part makes the problem?

1. driver
  2. gstreamer
  3. UBI_ROOTFS_SIZE

If you don’t add one by one to verify, i am not sure how can you tell where the problem is.

BTW, the document is verified in R9, you might also need to try this version first.

Hi @jyijyi ,

There is no R9 version in WP76xx. May be use R10 ?

https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/software/wp76xx/wp76xx-firmware-release-9-components/#sthash.dHbxdzbg.dpbs

Hi @jyijyi ,

OK I will add one by one.
First I will add driver and ROOTFS size.

Hi @jyijyi

I tested to add 1 and 3 then it can compiled finished and built image.

So what’s next step you want to verify ?