WP77xx - Build fails at lk-1.3.0-r2 package with do_add_hash

I am trying to build R13 Linux distro from the source available at https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/software/wp77xx/wp77xx-firmware-release-13-components/#sthash.z6j9anxR.4c6kFEMC.dpbs

After extracting the source and uncompressing, I run make at the top level. Build fails with the below error:

ERROR: lk-1.3.0-r2 do_add_hash: Function failed: do_add_hash (log file is located at /home/kng2/code/bs/platform/builds/wp77xx/R13/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/armv7a-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/lk/1.3.0-r2/temp/log.do_add_hash.126409)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/kng2/code/bs/platform/builds/wp77xx/R13/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/armv7a-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/lk/1.3.0-r2/temp/log.do_add_hash.126409
NOTE: recipe lk-1.3.0-r2: task do_add_hash: Failed
ERROR: Task (/home/kng2/code/bs/platform/builds/wp77xx/R13/yocto/meta-swi/meta-swi-mdm9xxx/recipes-bsp/lk/lk_1.3.0.bb:do_add_hash) failed with exit code ‘1’

I tried downloading and extracting the bz2 source file twice, but face the same issue.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

On a related note, is there a checksum for the source image available somewhere?

I don’t see problem to build the yocto image by “make” command in ubuntu 16 PC:

owner@owner-ThinkPad-X220:~/Yocto/WP77/R13/yocto$ ls ./build_bin/tmp/deploy/images/swi-mdm9x28-wp/yocto_wp77xx.4k.cwe -l
-rw-r–r-- 1 owner owner 34388512 Dec 9 16:09 ./build_bin/tmp/deploy/images/swi-mdm9x28-wp/yocto_wp77xx.4k.cwe
owner@owner-ThinkPad-X220:~/Yocto/WP77/R13/yocto$ ls ./build_bin/tmp/work/armv7a-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/lk/1.3.0-r2/
0001-arm-fix-dprintf-format.patch license-destdir recipe-sysroot
build lk recipe-sysroot-native
configure.sstate package sysroot-destdir
debugsources.list packages-split temp
deploy-ipks pkgdata
image pseudo

Thanks for your reply. I tried this again from scratch on a new Ubuntu 16.04 virtual machine, and faced the same problem (error message do_add_hash as mentioned in OP). The host gcc version was 5.4.0 and make version was 4.1 (if it matters at all) .

One issue: The size of the downloaded bzip2 file for the R13 release is 4.1GB, but the size of the extracted yocto directory is only ~820 MB. I checked this by downloading multiple times and extracting on 2 different machines.

Has anyone faced this?

At my side, it is also around 815MB:

Btw, I used real pc instead of virtual mahcine.
If you have one pc, you can try it.
I remember there is strange problem in virtual machine.