WP76xx Release 16 compilation error

Hi Jyijyi,
I am trying to compile Relese 16 (SWI9X07Y_02.37.07.00 source). I am using Ubuntu 14.04 and Python 3.6. I am getting below error. Please help me to resolve the error.

HP-350-G2:~/mttm$ make
“meta-swi/build.sh” -p poky/ -o meta-openembedded/ -l meta-swi -x “kernel” -j 9 -t 9 -g -a “LEGATO_WORKDIR=/home/raghavan/mttm/legato/” -a “IMA_SUPPORT_TOOLS_REPO=git:///home/raghavan/mttm/legato/3rdParty/ima-support-tools/.git;protocol=file;usehead=1” -a “IMA_SUPPORT_TOOLS_REV=${AUTOREV}” -a LK_REPO_DIR="/home/raghavan/mttm" -a LK_REPO_NAME=“lk” -a LK_REPO=“file://lk” -m swi-mdm9x28 -P wp -b build_bin -q
Poky dir: /home/raghavan/mttm/poky
OE meta: /home/raghavan/mttm/meta-openembedded
SWI meta dir: /home/raghavan/mttm/meta-swi
Linux repo dir: /home/raghavan/mttm/kernel
Number of make threads 9
Number of bitbake tasks 9
With Legato
Extra options added - LEGATO_WORKDIR=/home/raghavan/mttm/legato/
Extra options added - IMA_SUPPORT_TOOLS_REPO=git:///home/raghavan/mttm/legato/3rdParty/ima-support-tools/.git;protocol=file;usehead=1
Extra options added - IMA_SUPPORT_TOOLS_REV=${AUTOREV}
Extra options added - LK_REPO_DIR=/home/raghavan/mttm
Extra options added - LK_REPO_NAME=lk
Extra options added - LK_REPO=file://lk
SWI machine: swi-mdm9x28
SWI product: wp
Build dir: /home/raghavan/mttm/build_bin
Enable Qualcomm Proprietary bin
OpenEmbedded requires ‘python’ to be python v2 (>= 2.7.3), not python v3.
Please set up python v2 as your default ‘python’ interpreter.

• layer: meta-oe
    grep: /home/raghavan/mttm/build_bin/conf/bblayers.conf: No such file or directory
    → /home/raghavan/mttm/meta-openembedded/meta-oe
    sed: can’t read /home/raghavan/mttm/build_bin/conf/bblayers.conf: No such file or directory
    error inserting layer meta-oe
    make: *** [image_bin] Error 1

Thanks,
Raghavan

you need to install python (>=2.7.3) so that when you type “python --version” in command line , it will show the 2.7.x version.

Hi Jyijyi,
Now I have compiled full source with make command. Please provide commands to compile only Linux kernel. Where is linux kernel configuration file(.config file) stored?.

Thanks,
Raghavan.

this is the kernel config file:

./kernel/arch/arm/configs/mdm9607_defconfig

Command to build kernel:

1. # make dev
2. build_bin# bitbake -f linux-quic

Hi Jyijyi,
Please provide procedure to compile user space C programs. How can I add custom scripts and binary files into Root filesystem.

Thanks,
Raghavan.

You can use the R9 toolchain

You can also see this document on how to add extra file to yocto image:
[WP76xx] Example on putting own files and building helloworld application into yocto image.docx (20.9 KB)

Hi Jiji,
I am trying to compile hello_world.c by Release 16 toolchain. I am getting below error:

raghavan@raghavan-HP-350-G2:~/Downloads$ /opt/swi/SWI9X07Y_02.37.07.00/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -o hello_world hello_world.c
hello_world.c:1:10: fatal error: stdio.h: No such file or directory
#include <stdio.h>
^~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
raghavan@raghavan-HP-350-G2:~/Downloads$

Thanks,
Raghavan.

You need to use the R9 toolchain if you need to compile native C program