Cannot receive or send data to Octave from FX30

Hi,
I want to send data to Octave from FX30 using CLI but it seems not to be able to send.
How can I do it?

I can send and receive FX30’s LED and location data using Octave dashboard.
SIM card that I’m using is Sierra Wireless SIM card and probably it can connect only Octave server.
Is it any relations?

Regards,

Hello,

for your second question, Octave devices are restricted to communicate with the Octave Platform on a private network for security. You can use cloud connector/actions to then interface with external cloud platforms. Please see:

I will reply to your first question next.

Hello,
Thank you for reply.

I tried to execute below curl command that described in your reply’s URLhttps://docs.octave.dev/docs/using-the-rest-api-in-an-external-system from my FX30 :

$ curl -XPOST "https://octave-api.sierrawireless.io/v5.0/<our_company_name>/event/s53b1d1600cf27b75148de02e" \
  -H "X-Auth-User: <user_name>" \
  -H "X-Auth-Token: <master_token>" \
  -d '{
    hash: "uniqueVal",
    elems: {
      measure: 100
    }
  }'

But my FX30 returns below and cannot send data:

curl: (6) Could not resolve host: octave-api.sierrawireless.io

Are there any problems of the executed command?

And could you please reply to my first question?

regards,

In regards to your first question:
I want to send data to Octave from FX30 using CLI but it seems not to be able to send.
How can I do it?

From the Linux command line you can use the data hub to interact with resources.

Specifically the dhub push command.

To get help on using the dhub command, from the Linux command line type dhub --help.

Hello t_kndu,

From the Octave API documentation you referenced:

“Octave provides a REST API consisting of Octave objects (e.g., Devices, Events, etc.) that you can invoke from an external cloud system to read or push data into Octave. For example, you can use the REST API to update devices in your deployment. create Events, etc. from any external system that has internet access.

All Octave based devices do not have public internet access. They are restricted to a Sierra private network for communications between the Octave device and the Octave platform. This is one component of the Octave solution that provides a very secure solution.

I hope this helps.