Building target mode application from the Cygwin

Here is a problem: When I compile file ‘Hello_World’ in Win32 Wismo_Target (Hello_World), I get the following message:

SGT_VER = v1.2.11

SGT_DIR = /cygdrive/C/OpenAT/Tools/SGT/v1.2.11

Scripts path for SGT :

/cygdrive/C/OpenAT/Tools/SGT/v1.2.11/script_sgt

Type help_sgt for a list of SGT commands

$
wanli@wanli ~
$ wmmake Hello_World

Check environment settings…

Launch a full library or binary process

/cygdrive/C/OpenAT/V301/TgeGen/WmGen/mak/gen.mak:58: ***The ARMDLL environment variable is not set… Stop.

Find errors occurred when using SGT

Analyze errors in Log files

Analyze errors in tmp files if they exists.

Libraries available in out directory :

End process.

No files in the directory of Hello_World\arm\out,Compiler doesn’t make output file “arm_Hello_World_32.wpb.dwl”.Can you help me to solve this problem with ARM compiler? Thank you in advance!

Hi,
The application is not compiling because ARM compiler is not correctly installed on the system. From the log you can see that you are getting “ARMDLL variable not set”. This error occurs when the ARM compiler is not properly installed.

See also
http://www.wavecom.com/modules/movie/scenes/forums/viewtopic.php?t=113
Best Regards,
Open AT Fan.

The arm compiler is not correctly installed on my system,why will occure this error?The docummentation in read me have told me that the arm compiler is included in the SDK.And I have install Open AT and Development Toolkit according to the read me documentation.
Must I install arm compiler sepetately or reinstall Open AT?

And I have another problem,what is the different usage in generate the Open AT application between in remote mode and in target mode?I can’t confirm that the target mode is necessary for my project.

thanks your help!

Hi,
I don’t think that ARM ADS compiler is provided with Development toolkit. It is the GCC cross compiler for ARM which is provided.
The ARM compiler has to be brought separately (This is what I have done).
To verify if you have ARM compiler installed in your system, please check if the folder “C:\Program Files\ARM\ADSv1_2” exists on your system. Usually, this is the folder which contains the ARM compiler unless you have chosen a different location.

In remote mode, the Open-AT application executes on the host PC. It utilizes the resources of the PC (like memory etc) and runs as a process on your PC. In target mode, the application is actually embedded in the EEPROM of the module. In target mode, it actually utilizes the modules resources.
Hence, the actual behaviour of your application (like response delay, robustness) etc should be judjed using target mode.

This is because, Open-AT is made to eliminate the use of an external processor for module’s behavior controlling. For example, if Open-AT is not present, you have to deploy an external processor (like a PC), and run an application on it which would send AT commands to the module to automate a task.
However, the presence of Open-AT inside the module eliminates the need of having an external processor as the module becomes intelligent enought to perform all its tasks (thanks to Open AT !).
This is the reason that you should use remote mode to debug your Open-AT application (using the tools provided by Microsoft Visual Studio) and then test the behavior of your application on the module using target mode.

Best Regards,
Open AT Fan.

I have used Open at 3.01, which version of the ARM compiler is compatible with it? And how I can get the install application of the arm compiler?
Another question I need your help, the distinction in the ARM compiler and GCC compiler make me lost in confusion.If I won’t chose the arm compiler, Can I use the gcc compiler(is included in the Open AT) build my application? I can’t confirm the effort of using gcc compiler is available.Because of the documentations in read me always tell us using arm compiler,and it seldom mention the usage of the gcc compiler.
Thanks!
Can you give me your MSN or QQ?I think we can intercommunicate conveniently,and I am glad acquaint with you:).
my contact mode:
QQ:605829806
MSN:wanli0403@hotmail.com

Hi,
You should use ARM Developer Suite version 1.2 (also known as ADSv1_2) for your Open-AT projects. You can buy it from any authorised ARM distribution center.
Of course, you can use GCC compiler to compile your Open-AT application. This compiler is shipped along with Open-AT SDK and hence, you can easily dispense with ARM compiler and use GCC instead. For selecting the GCC compiler, just go to Start->Programs->Wavecom->OpenAT->OpenAT Settings and select GCC compiler in the defalut compiler drop down list.

Now, whenver you compile an application, it will be compiled using GCC only. In case, you want to revert back to ARM, you can choose ARM compiler in the default compiler drop down list.

Unfortunately, I am in a secured area and cannot access MSN due to system administrative policies. I apologize for now being able to directly come in touch with you. You can however, post your questions on the post. You will always find someone who will reply to your queries
:smiley:

Best Regards,
Open AT Fan.

I have compile the Open AT sample “Hello_World” with gcc compiler in target mode,but there are three errors and some wornings have reported in the debug information.
the information as followed:
zip warning: name not matched: …/out/tmt/e2p_csn.cso
zip error: Nothing to do! (…/out/tmt/zip_tmt.zip)
zip warning: name not matched: …/out/tmt/backtraces.axf
zip warning: name not matched: …/out/tmt/backtraces64k.axf
zip warning: name not matched: …/out/tmt/symbolfiles/s64k
zip warning: name not matched: …/out/tmt/symbolfiles/e2p.h
adding: s (deflated 68%).
And the similar informations have appeared when I test the another sample application with target mode in VC6.0. But I can’t understand these error informations and can’t correct these errors.Can you tell me how to do?
Thanks a lot!

Hi,
The occurance of 3 errors when you compile your Open AT application with GCC is normal and indicates successful compilation of your project. These errors occurs because the “zip_tmt.zip” is not made by the compiler.

You can ignore these messages. Please go to the <Project_Folder> folder and see if you get a file named _.dwl (for instance, gcc_Helloworld_32.dwl). If this file is present, it means that you have successfully compiled your application and the file to download in the module is ready.

In your case, the occurance of 3 errors indicate that you have been successful in compiling and linking the application. So, a Jump Start to Open-AT, I must say :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Open AT Fan.