BC127 Resets after certain amount of songs

It seems that under firmware 6.1.5, the BC127 resets after playing exactly 86 songs. The same is true for firmware 7.1 but it’s capable of playing 118 songs consecutively before reseting. Is this a known bug?

On 6.1.5, these are the settings I set:
SET CONN_TO=1
SET ENABLE_BATT_IND=OFF
SET MUSIC_META_DATA=ON
SET PROFILES=1 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 0

On 7.1, this is what I have:
SET BT_STATE_CONFIG=2 2
SET MUSIC_META_DATA=ON
SET PROFILES=1 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 0

Thanks!
-Ted

Ted,

No this is not a known bug, there isn’t anything internally that eeps track of how many songs the unit plays, do you see this across different apps and OS’s?

Regards

Matt

@mlw,

All tests were performed with an iPhone 6 (iOS 10.3.1) using the Music App. Here are the logs of what was transmitted via UART:

bc127_6_1_5_reset_1.txt (19.6 KB)
bc127_7_1_reset_1.txt (13.9 KB)
bc127_7_1_reset_2.txt (13.7 KB)

I’m upgrading the device to iOS 11 and will test again.

Thanks!
-Ted

@mlw,

I upgraded to iOS 11.4.1 and now I’m seeing the device (on firmware 6.1.5) reset every 75 tracks using the stock Music app. I will test using another media player as well.

I also tested using an Android Tablet and the “Play Music” app and it played 195 songs without a single reset, so it seems to be an issue with iOS. I have attached some logs from my device. Everything the BC127 sends is in these logs, but you will also see some logs of data my device is logging about the BC127.

bc127_6_1_5_ios_11_1.txt (37.8 KB)
bc127_6_1_5_ios_11_2.txt (33.2 KB)

@tass2001,

Ran a test last night with iOS 11.4.1/latest 7.2 beta on BC127 and saw a reset after 113 songs which is very odd, will test with an Android unit to see what happens. You need to push this back through your channel to get a proper ticket raised to have it investigated properly.

Regards

Matt

@tass2001,

Yes running Android seems to not reset, odd incompatibility to have or might be something Apple sends to the unit to cause a reset.

Regards

Matt

@mlw,

I purchased my BC127 from Sparkfun, since it was the cheapest way to evaluate the module for my product, but they have since retired it from their line up. Is there another way to get a ticket raised for this issue?

For what it’s worth, the “Play Music” app on iOS does not have the same issue. I was able to play over 300 songs on my iOS 11.4.1 device using that media player.

Thanks!
-Ted

@tass2001,

To get a ticket raised to push it into the technical teams it needs to come through one of our official distributors (which sparkfun is obviously not), good to know it is app related though.

Regards

Matt

@mlw,

Will I be well off buying a unit from DigiKey and then trying to push this through them? It appears that they are a Sierra Wireless authorized distributor.

Thanks!
-Ted

@tass2001,

Digikey is a bit of a difficult one, we have them because they are a great catalogue supplier and it means we can sell to anyone globally quickly and easily but the support path is not great with them, it is an ongoing discussion internally.

Regards

Matt

@mlw,

Thanks for the heads up! Do you have a suggestion as to whom I should approach? I contacted GetWireless (listed on the authorized distributors page) about sourcing the BC127 but I have yet to hear back.

-Ted

@tass2001,

I will give the US distribution account manager a nudge to nudge Get Wireless to make sure you are seen to. As per the other thread we are discussing the support path for Digikey as they are important to our distribution strategy s hopefully we will have something in place soon.

Regards

Matt

@tass2001,

Does it also reset with the default config? if MUSIC_META_DATA=OFF?
Does it happen in the middle of a song, or when starting a new song?

Regards,
James

@Oedenburger,

It always happens when starting a new song. I will try with the default config and get back to you.

Thanks!
-Ted

Hi Ted,

Did you have a chance trying with MUSIC_META_DATA=OFF ?

Thanks,
James

@Oedenburger,

Sorry, I haven’t. I just restored the BC127 and have begun streaming. I’ll monitor it and see if we get a reset.

Thanks!
-Ted

@Oedenburger

The unit reset even with MUSIC_META_DATA=OFF. It took about seven hours for it to occur, and I’m not sure how many songs were played.

Thanks!
-Ted