Battery charging problem getting +CME ERROR 563

Hi All,

following are the steps I performed to turn on the battery charge management,

1. enabled (AT+WBCM=6,1)
  2. management & unsolicited responses stopped (AT+WBCM=0,0)
  3. configured (AT+WBCM=4,1) & (AT+WBCM=3,0,4200,3200,4700,1438,601,0,2000,0)
  4. AT+WBCM=5 test if charger is connected which returns +WBCM: 5,1 if connected but here I receive +WBCM: 5,0 which means not connected (but DC-IN is on as AT+WIOR+“GPIO01” gives +WIOR: 0)
  5. AT+WBCM=1,1 (which returns +CME ERROR: 563 and the AT command document says this is “Charge is not started due to an error, but unsolicited event is activated”)

can you please tell me what could be the problem?

Thanks,

Hi,

May I ask which product you are using?
Are you using original power supply and battery?

If you are using FXT, the user guide and battery accessory may help:
http://developer.sierrawireless.com/en/Resources/Resources/AirLink/Hardware_specs_user_guides/AirLink_FXT_Series_User_Guide.aspx
http://developer.sierrawireless.com/en/Resources/Resources/AirLink/Hardware_specs_user_guides/AirLink%20FXT%20Battery%20Accessory%20PTS.aspx

Thx

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

FXT009

Are you using original power supply and battery?

I tried with both original and another power supply(with same current [2A] and voltage [12V] specs) but the result is same. after

if I do

always I receive +WBCM: 5,0 instead of +WBCM: 5,1 and then if I send

which returns +CME ERROR: 563 and the AT command document says this is “Charge is not started due to an error, but unsolicited event is activated”

can you please tell me what could be the problem and are these steps to send AT commands are correct?

More Information:
I want to use DC-IN to charge the battery
Open AT application framework - 2.37.4
Developer studio - 2.3.0
OS package 6.37

Thanks for the links to the documents. I have read those. I did not find any solution specifically for the +CME ERROR: 563. it says charge is not started due to an error but does not give the exact error?

thanks

The AT+WBCM charging control only applies when the module itself is directly controlling the charge - see Q26 & WMP datasheets.

AIUI, this is not the case with the FXT Battery Accesory - which could explain what you’re seeing :question:

https://forum.sierrawireless.com/t/app-note-wrongly-classified-external-battery-charging-solut/5183/8

Thank you very much for this important information.
can you please give more information on how to control the battery from the modem, I mean what connections I need to do as of now the connection to the battery (6 pins) is coming from the modem and connection configuration is,

modem connector battery connector
4. VBUS(Yellow) 1. VBUS(Yellow)
5.VBATT(Orange) 2.VBATT(Orange)
6.GND(Black) 4.GND(Black)
7.DC-IN(Red) 5.DC-IN(Red)
9.BAT(Violet) 3.BAT(Violet)
10.BAT-ID(Gray) 6.BAT-ID(Gray)

isn’t it the right connection ?
can you please tell the significance of the VBATT pin as it is not mentioned any where in the documentation?

I think still SiWi has not released updated documents on battery, which covers all the battery related issues?

thanks

I don’t believe that you can control the battery at all from the modem.

AIUI, you can monitor - but not control.

I think you are correct.

:frowning:

The assumption seems to be that customers will use only the SiWi Battery Accessory - which comes complete with cable.

There seems to be no support for customers to create their own backup solutions.

:frowning:

Sorry, I meant Monitor. as I said in my previous post, that I always receive +WBCM: 5,0 instead of +WBCM: 5,1 on AT+WBCM=5, why , what could be the problem?

If this is the case then its not possible to monitor in my application as I have used my own designed PCB and that 10 pin connector on FXT modem is connected to the power supply and both GPIO’s via PCB, do you suggest any solution so that i can monitor the battery unit through AT commands?

Thanks