AT+WBCM in 6.55 / OpenAT 3.10

Hi everybody,

I would like to enable the +WBCI battery indications. In X.51 / OpenAT 3.02 this was done in the embedded application by

at+wbcm=3,1,4200,3400,1000,10000,150

This command does not work like that anymore when using “655_09gm.Q2406B 2015268 111705 17:01”, why? I did look into the AT specification but I couldn’t figure out what the problem is:

at+wbcm=3,1,4200,3400,1000,10000,150

+CME ERROR: 552
at+wbcm=3,1

at+wbcm?

+WBCM: 0,0,4200,3400,100,5000,0,0

OK

The sample from the AT commands specification also does not work:

at+wbcm=3,0,4200,,500,3000,0,500

So, the error means: “Unsolicited responses for autodiag or charge indications are already activated on another port”. But they are not.
WDIAG is deactivated and I also checked UART2, but nothing is activated there either. And the application is stopped. Where else could it be already activated???

at+wdiag?

+WDIAG: 0,0,0,0,0,0,0

OK
at+wopen?

+WOPEN: 0

OK

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jan

OK, so I found the problem. I would say this is a bug in the core firmware!! Or at least a new feature that wasn’t there before :wink:

After analyzing the embedded application further I found that it actually managed to start the +WBCI indications… but after a AT+WOPEN=0, the messages did not appear on either of the two UARTs nor could they be activated with the AT+WBCM=3,1… or deactivated with AT+WBCM=3,0 from UART1.

I think when the application is stopped, the control of +WBCI should be returned to the ports…

If I stop the indications with AT+WBCM=3,0 before I stop the application with AT+WOPEN=0, I am able to use AT+WBCM from UART1 without problems.

On the other hand, if I do activate the indications from UART1 while the application is stopped they will be received from the application but I can’t use the AT+WBCM=3,1,… command. When I then stop the application, the indications will be received on UART1 again. I guess I could live with that. But the case described above, if the indications are enabled in the application and not stopped automatically when AT+WOPEN=0 is sent is rather strange - no indications and no control of it… I don’t think it should be this way…

Best Regards,
Jan

Hi,

does anybody know if this is fixed in version 6.57?

Best Regards,
Jan

Hi Jan,

do you have found a solution for battery charge in 6.57 ? I´m using NiMh battery (1.6mAH) and source current of 800mAH for Q24NGPlus . When the system reach the maximum battery level it stops, OK. However, recharge don´t start in auto mode, only if my application command to do it. The system use the battery charge so minimum level is reached and restart the recharge. Is it all right ? or i don´t undestand the charge procedure ?
Do you know anything about ?

thanks,

Hegler