What happened to AT+WGPRS in X.55?

Hello everybody,

I am having a problem with AT+WGPRS for automatic attachment of the ME to the GPRS network. The embedded application is sending “at+wgprs=0,0” which worked fine in OpenAT 3.02 / X.51. It doesn’t seem to work anymore in OpenAT 3.10 / X.55.

All AT+WGPRS… commands are responded to with +CME ERROR: 3 (Operation not allowed). Why isn’t it allowed? I even tried the command after I set the PIN which didn’t change a thing…

Is anybody here using AT+WGPRS in OpenAT 3.10? What did you do to make it work?

Thanks in advance,
Jan

at+wgprs=0,0

+CME ERROR: 3
at+wgprs=?

at+wgprs?

ati3

655_09gm.Q2406B 2015268 111705 17:01

OK

— edited —
With the help of our distributor we found out that there must have gone something wrong with the upgrade to 6.55 core firmware - the Features GPRS and TCP/IP are deactivated in the module now!! They are supposed to be included in OS version 6.55, right? So, how can I activate TCPIP again? I tried to downgrade to 6.40 and then back up to 6.51 - but it is still deactivated!

Best Regards,
Jan

Hi Jan,

Did you use DWLWin tool? This should be able to write the individual files you need, and initialise the memory correctly. It’s then just a matter of making sure your Distributor’s giving you the correct files, and you following the instructions in the 6.55 Release Notes. Also make sure dwl.dwl file is v3.3.9.1.

Hope this helps, I haven’t had your problem.

Regards,
Arfy

Thanks, Arfy!

The funny thing is, that this just happend on one module. It worked without problems on another… The distributor told me that DWLWIN wouldn’t help in this case either… So he is investigating if they can give me some downloadable code to reactivate or if we need to send the module in (the second option is very funny! :laughing:).

Best Regards,
Jan