Airlink MP70 - Unable to set up VLAN trunk to Cisco Switch

I have an MP70 and a Cisco switch.
On the MP70 Gateway, I use the LAN > WAN configuration to add my two VLANs, with Id’s of 20 and 199.
I enter the Device IP for each VLAN (10.192.20.1 and 10.199.192.6 and the correct masks.
I hit apply and save, and reload.

There is a good cable connecting eth1 of the MP70 to fa/21 of the Cisco router.

The Cisco switch has a trunked(Tagged) port fa/21 with VLANs20 and 199 allowed. The port mode is set to “trunk”

Neither the Cisco or the MP70 can see each others MAC address.

I have read the VLAN sectionn in the official manual for these devices (41112975_ALEOS 4.11.2 Software Configuration User Guide for AirLink MP70_r1.pdf) and it should be possible according to that.

Please help.

Hi,
Do VLANs on Cisco switch work normally?

Is eth1 configured to be a WAN ethernet port?

The issue has been resolved.
The MP70 does not support ip routing via a VLAN. It will only route to the physical ethernet interface.
The work-arround is to use the VLAN feature only for V20, and use the Cisco VLAN switch to tag the Vlan199 traffic:
MP70 Configuration:

1. Define the main Ethernet interface (LAN > Ethernet > Device IP) as the VLAN199 expected IP (eg, 10.199.195.6/24) - DHCP should therefore also be disabled
  2. Remove the definition of VLAN199 from the LAN > VLAN definition (the definition of VLAN20 should remain)
  3. Leave the definition for Host Port Routing unchanged
    VLAN switch Cisco Configuration:
  4. Change the configuration for the Ethernet interface connected to the MP70 to use Untagged (no 802.1q) for VLAN199 (maintain use of Tagged interface for VLAN20)
  5. Change the PVID of the MP70 Ethernet port to “199” - this will make the switch treat any untagged communication on that port as belonging to VLAN199