WP7607 hangs in sending sms

Hello,
in case if number is incorrect and network reject message,
module just hangs for few minutes and throw +CMS ERROR: 350.
It’s happened only in case of incorrect numbers. But I believe 5 minutes hang timeout is so wrong.

Revision: SWI9X07Y_02.28.03.03 000000 jenkins 2019/05/21 03:33:04

don’t have such issues on SL modules.
Issue confirmed as well on EM7455.
What’s fix?

Hi @aero.108

It is a network behavior. You can try it with other network operator.
The +CMS ERROR: 350 is returned immediately when module send SMS in case of incorrect numbers with Mobifone network operator.
I have attached the log file for your reference.
SMS.txt (2.0 KB)

If the issue is solved, could you help to mark “Solution”? So that the community can easily find the solution for their problems.

I tried HUAWEI, Quectel as well. Indeed in case of my carrier, they don’t throw CMS ERROR immediately, however they have maximum timeout on average 30 seconds. But SL behaviour with few minutes hangs just unacceptable…
Is there any AT way how to specify maximum timeout ?
And btw why CMS ERROR not accordingly to TS ?
Why now in case of almost every reject CMS ERROR 350 and not accordingly to TS?

Hi, CMS ERROR 350 is not documented in Sierra’s docs. There is no AT to specify the timeout. The delay maybe depends on network operators. In your case, the best way is to contact technical support: https://www.sierrawireless.com/support/. Then you can provide log files for further investigation.

@aero.108,

Clarification to the above post, the best (only sensible) way to get support is through your commercial channel i/.e. who you bought the unit from.

Regards

Matt