Using CGDATA command (HL8549)

I’m connecting with HL8549 using serial port through linux.
Is it possible use the AT command CGDATA with “M-RAW_IP” option?
I’m trying the following command sequence:
AT+KCNXCFG=1,“GPRS”,“APN”,“LOGIN”,“PASSWORD”
AT+CGACT=1,1
AT+CGDATA=“M-RAW_IP”,1

@sertone,

So in Linux are you just trying to start a network connection? If so then the HL8has actually got the ECM interface properly implemented (unlike the rest of the HL family).

Just try setting the APN up using at+cgdcont and then use the at+xcedata command to initiate the network interface, its far easier.

Regards

Matt

yes, I’m trying to start a network connection.
Does ECM interface work with serial port, or only with USB?
I’m trying to use the serial port.

@sertone,

In which case if you are using Linux I would use the PPP dialler which is standard within Linux, it will result in a standard interface that Linux will be aware of and can use. There are a lot of pages telling you how to use/setup pppd on Linux.

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt, thank you for your reply.
The ppp dialler is working with pppd in Linux, but i still have a doubt about the UART baudrate option.
Is the baudrate limited by the command AT+CBST (up to 64000 bps)?
Is it possible to work with 6 Mbps using the hardware flow control option?

@sertone,

No the CBST is a legacy command from circuit switched data days it is extremely outdated and has no effect on modem speed any more. The mainimiting factor is going to be the baud rate of your UART, the HL8 supports up to 6Mbps although I would not go that high with a UART, if you want to hit higher data rates then you really need to use USB but its upto you.

Regards

Matt