Update firmware WISMO228

Hello!

I have problem with firmware updating in WISMO228.
I use ADWL-Light Downloader (5.3.3.3a) and want to change firmware from “B11e01gg 031109” to “L22_00gg 281210” version.
Error is detected during firmware downloading or more exactly during flash erase.

[attachment=0]wismo228_flash_erase_error.PNG[/attachment]
Could you help me to decide this problem?

Hi,

The error received is “Please check target settings”, so make sure the hardware and software setup are as per the guide http://developer.sierrawireless.com/en/Resources/Resources/Tools/AirPrime/AirPrime%20WS%20Series%20-%20Adwl-Light%20Downloader%20-%20User%20Guide.aspx

Regards,
Rex

It’s all right.
The problem was caused by the wrong loader file Numonyx_32_Binary.hex.

Hi all,

I can update to L22_00gg 281210, the tools said that: download done, UART Closed.
But module not work, Do I have to any setting or do anything? any ideas?

Best regards
Thinh

What does it mean: “module not work”?
After firmware update WISMO228 doesn’t answer any AT-command in any baud rate (1200-115200 bps)?

Hi,

Please confirmed which is baudrate of WISMO228 L22_00gg 281210.cla? 9600 correct?
After update, GSM not answeer any cmd.
Have you got GSM firmware using 9600?

Best regards
Thinh

In my opinion updating WISMO228 firmware doesn’t change baudrate settings. It doesn’t exist different WISMO228 firmwares with different baudrates.
What baudrate had module before updating? Did it work?

Hi,

Now OK, thanks you alot.
When I try to upgrade agian, it work.

Thanks

Would any be able to send me a copy of the ADWL updater, I’m having similar problems and our supplier cannot help. I find it unusual that there is no way to obtain this via the SiWi web site, as I need it urgently and repeated suggestions to contact out suppiler are of no use.

Thanks