I have an FX30s with some Modbus RTU I/O modules. It reads data nicely according to the configured read intervals. However, as our system is powered from battery, we need to switch off the IO modules in between reads. Our flow would be:
- Before the modbus service needs to read from a device: Switch on the modbus devices via DO3
- Wait until the devices have powered up, e.g. 4 seconds
- Read the relevant modbus registers
- Power off the IO devices again
Would this be possible via configuration somehow? I guess not so I would probably want something that can do this:
- Switch on the devices with an edge action triggered by the util/counter
- Wait x seconds
- Somehow trigger an asynchronous read on the registers and perform the required conversion
- Switch off the IO devices and set the util/counter for triggering the next run
What is the simplest way of achieving this without abusing the Octave architecture more than necessary?
Thanks for any help.