sms receiving lenght problem

Hi

I have a problem with sending sms through this modem.
After i receive it on my phone, it’s just “,hello world2!”, from original message “hello world1,hello world2!”.
I have a little older fasttrack modem, which works fine(receiving whole sms).
I tried to compare modem parameters at+ipr,…, but found no differences.

Has anybody an idea, what to set or do for the modem?

Thanks,
Simon

Are you sure that you are waiting for the prompts before continuing with the message…?

Thank you awneil, it works !

I made a hyperTerminal like app(with full adjustable parameters-rate,stopBits,…),
which can send messages too,just by typing telNo and message, but it sended whole string,not waiting for ‘>’.
Because old modem worked fine, I didn’t realize that you must wait for ‘>’.
Now, real work to re-organize code for this is on the way.

By the way, do you know how to send more messages(joined messages), now i am doing it by breaking
them appart and sending them one by one. Maybe with pdu mode, or gprs?

Thanks again,
Simon

You’ll also have to decide how you’ll use that to indicate that each individual message is part of a single, larger message…

Try searching for “concatenated SMS”…

Thank you both, once i tried using single sms by pdu mode, but i couldn’t send it - i’ll try to digg in.

I still have some problems(i don’t see solution or modem standard is weird-maybe just for me), because when you
programatically send command, you are not 100% sure when it ends.
I don’t know if this belongs here, but do someone maybe know if there is a way, that we receive some
special character when command respond to us,ex:
at
OK\r <- answer, here, is any way that some special char is appended by modem or system software?
This is simple example,i know, but there are more complicated.
My system works anyhow, but maybe it would be safer.

Sunny day to all,
Simon

Yes, you are.

The AT Commands Manual tells you what marks the end of the response(s) from a command - usually it is the “OK”

It is the “OK\r\n” that marks the end of the responses - think of it as a Token.

Which is one advantage of Open-AT - it has the AT Command parsing built-in!

If you’re serious about writing your own parser, you shopuld get yourself a copy of ITU-T Recommendation V.250 - which formalises the specification of the AT Command “language”.
See: itu.int/net/home/index.aspx

You will also need GSM spec 07.07 for the GSM-Specific commands:
3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/html-info/0707.htm

And, of course, the Wavecom AT Commands manual for their proprietary commands…

Ok, i get your point of end token.
I mainly wrote this(let i call it a little parser-simple algorithm) with auto_retrying possible on error or
when command was not answered properly, mostly for sms sending and receiving.
A little here and there, and code will rock :slight_smile:

Thanks for reply,
Simon