SMS are always signed as "REC READ". Why? (EM7455B)

Hello Everybody,

I have a EM7455B Module installed into a Panasonic CF-33. If I connect to the Modem via putty on COM Port 8 and press AT the answer is OK.
Then I type in AT+CMGF=1 to set SMS to Textmode.
Then I type in AT+CMGL=“ALL”.
I got then a list of all received SMS with this computer.
I send then a SMS to the Computer and repeat the AT+CMGL=“ALL” command.
The new SMS is the latest in the list but signed with REC READ. But Why? It should be normally signed with “REC UNREAD”. I am using a software looking for unread SMS Messages and in this case the software will never found a SMS.

In the moment I have no idea what cause this problem. Hopefulle someone here knows the solution.

I am using Windows 10.

Is that some software like skylight has read the sms?

AT+CMGL=“ALL” actually reads all SMS messages stored in the message storage area.

To list the unread SMS messages, you AT command format should be below:
AT+CMGL=“REC UNREAD”

Hi jyijyi,
Skylight was not running during my tests. I also tried what happens when skylight is running. It changes a lot. For example it changes AT+CNMI.

Hi tomato,

yes you’re right. But All gives me all SMS messages but from my point of understanding it doesn’t change REC UNREAD to REC READ.

My problem is that SMS which come in are set automatically to “REC READ” and then the Software which was not running during test doens’t find unread emails.

Hi tomato,

I tested it. After I send a SMS Message I type in AT+CMGL=“REC UNREAD” the result is OK. No SMS Messages at all. When I type in AT+CMGL=“REC READ” he gave me the SMS I just send to the System.

I found it by myself. The Service “Microsoft Windows SMS Router Service” was activated. After it was deactivated and I sent a SMS Message to the computer it works as expected.

[SMS sent…]

AT
OK
AT+CMGF=1 // to set SMS to Textmode
AT+CMGL // means show all rec unread SMS Messaged
Message comes up
AT+CMGL
OK // No Message comes up because it was read once
AT+CMGL=“ALL”
Message comes up as REC READ

[SMS sent…]

AT
OK
AT+CMGL=“ALL”
Message comes up as REC UNREAD
AT+CMGL=“ALL”
Message comes up as REC READ

I deactivated the service permanently and so the Problem is fixed.

Thanks.

Hi dirk,

Good to hear you got it working and thanks for feeding back the solution!